Search the forum,

Discuss Easyfit kitchen tap question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello ,

I have a easyfit kitchen tap which I have recently read horror stories of the tap flying off etc...

I have a small dilemma in that I want to replace this tap as soon as possible but am going away for 2 weeks so won't have time until I return.

It's been on for about 16 months but definitely has a wobble to it which you can easily see a gap between the tap and the tap plinth or metal ring thingy when it's wobbled. It's been like this all that time which I originally put down to shoddy workmanship because it's a new build house.

It's probably unlikely to fail while I'm away but does anyone have experience with these taps? Should I maybe shut off the isolation valve while I go away to be safe?

Regards

I’ve heard the stories but have fitted loads of these and as long as they are installed correctly I’ve not had one fail yet. Touch wood of course

it the tap wobbling or the sink top flexing as they dont wobble (the tap when seated)

Reply to Easyfit kitchen tap question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have attached an image of a kitchen tap which requires the housing around the cartridge to be removed. The housing is much more than hand-tight and I was wondering if plumbers have experienced this type of tap and how the housing is removed without damaging it. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi Anyone know of a pull out kitchen tap that has decent pressure? I have had low pressure from this tap for a number of years and it's not helped with the two 10mm tails that must reduce even further. Hoping something is around that I can use 15mm full bore tails and isolating valves but all...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question. I have a leaking kitchen tap. I'm a bit confused on the part I need to get. On Screwfix I can see "Flomasta 1/2 inch BSP quarter turn ceramic tap glands" - are these the right parts? But I can also see 8x8mm 20-tooth spines, 9x9mm 20-Tooth Spines and others - which of these...
Replies
Views
Hello all, first time poster so if there is any additional information I can provide that may help, please let me know. Our kitchen mixer tap has been intermittently dripping from the hot tap, and the cold tap is squeaking when you turn it. Possibly two different issues, possibly related? The...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I wonder if you can help me? I have intermittent hot water low flow from all taps in my 4 bedroom house upstairs and downstairs. I can sometimes recover the usual water pressure by turning the hot and cold water taps on and off which seems very strange to me. There is no problem...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock