Search the forum,

Discuss Dual fuel radiators. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dlt27

Hi any advice will be appreciated. I am an electrocian so please go easy. A customer has had a dual fuel radiator fitted in their bathroom. All i wanted to know was if the c/heating is turned off how do you stop the heating element heating the water in the flow and return pipes. Is there any way some sort of interlock can be fitted and if so how would it be wired. ie through a time clock and room stat. Thanks in advance.

When the heating is turned off the pump is not running so any heat in the bathroom rad will stay there, as it is not getting pulled around the system

When using it on electric make sure you turn off one side of the towel rail.

Hi dlt27 welcome into non electricain land - you are welcome I think I have your question squared up. It will be a good idea for you to put up a diagram or pic - then we can all have a look
- as its not all circuit diagrams on here CHK -
Hi any advice will be appreciated. I am an electrocian so please go easy. A customer has had a dual fuel radiator fitted in their bathroom. All i wanted to know was if the c/heating is turned off how do you stop the heating element heating the water in the flow and return pipes. Is there any way some sort of interlock can be fitted and if so how would it be wired. ie through a time clock and room stat. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dual fuel radiators. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Morning all, Can a towel rail thats been converted to Duel fuel trip the boiler RDC. We have just had a new radiator fitted and it's heated by heating system and a heat element via T-piece. we only have the electric element turned on with both valves open if the electric element is on can...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have an Eastbrook Hurley towel radiator and fitting it as a dual fuel, with pipes coming out of the wall. I've been advised to get a T-Piece which the electrical element then fits underneath it, and then a manual valve fits into the side of the T-piece. On the other side...
Replies
Views
A bit of an unusual topic, as these are very rare in the UK. I went back to Poland to commission, test and tune the 20kW solid fuel boiler and the domestic heat exchanger for the hot water tank (300litres). Old heating system with steel 2-inch pipes and cast iron segmented rads We were warned...
Replies
Views
O
Hi All, We renovated our house in 2019 and put in completely new plumbing system and piping including new boiler and 9 radiators. Off those, there is one radiator in the living room which does not heat up at all. I have tried balancing myself and also had a professional come in to balance it...
Replies
Views
I am completely clueless about heating, so I hope one of you knowledgeable souls can help. My mother is bedbound with dementia, and I am trying to understand her heating system. The house and heating system is about 40 years old, I think, but the gas boiler was changed maybe 10 years ago. It is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock