Search the forum,

Discuss Dual appliance valve question in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I am planning to replace a single appliance valve with a dual appliance one, see the photo. I don't think I'll have enough space for wachine machine/dishwasher connections where the old single valve is and am thinking now to cut the horizontal copper pipe and put a valve there. Just wanted to check if it's ok for the valve to be installed horizontally, normally they are pointing up. Any advice would be appreciated.
20200520_210137.jpg

Attachments

• 20200520_204703.jpg
    20200520_204703.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 3
One of these would probably do the job. Do you have enough clearance below for the new appliance. They are better to be facing down rather than up, easier to drain if necessary.
1590090060546.png

Reply to Dual appliance valve question in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I need to replace the kitchen tap, all my neighbours have two single taps in their kitchen and bathroom whereas I have a single lever tap in the bathroom and kitchen. Due to living in a flat and having a shared water supply I was advised to get a dual flow tap for the kitchen so...
Replies
Views
I have a wall hung pan with a concealed cistern. The flush is the "old style" Grohe Eau2 dual flush pneumatic button. When pressed the flush valve lifts lightly and closes giving a very short weak flush. You can manually lift the flush valve in the cistern and it moves freely, flushes fine and...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Is this set up correct: Attic stop valve turns off the cold water to my bathroom (I think it is the rising main in the attic which I and other residents in the building share as we have shared supply to bathrooms and kitchens) Under kitchen sink stop valve turns off cold water in...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I've joined the forum today as I've found myself going round in circles with what I think might be a pretty simple problem, hoping someone can help. Our dishwasher is leaking and the manual says this can be fixed by cleaning the water inlet filter. To do this, we need to close the...
Replies
Views
Hey guys in the know. I have paid for a heating and plumbing contract and had to pay my excess 3 times for the same thing still not fixed. The issue is quite simple to repair not sure why any one of the 2 plumbers could not fix it. Why am I paying for cover. The auto air vents in part of the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock