Search the forum,

Discuss Does anyone know anything about balancing radiators? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

baird83

Hi, i'm trying to balance my radiators as the two furthest away from the boiler are cold, i have regis nostalgia taps on both sides and it's not clear which is the lock shield. Can anyone help? Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Cheers

Ooops - didn't read the question only the title ... I'll try again

Easiest way is let the heating cool down then when pipes are cold, turn the heating on and the pipe that warms up first is the flow and the other is the return. Best practice is to put the TRV on the flow and lockshield on the return.

Last edited by a moderator:
i've got all the radiators working now except one, it's the one furthest away from the boiler even when i switch all the other radiators off it's warming slighty but not getting hot. I don't think it's the pump because the radiator 3 feet away is red hot. Any ideas?
Thanks

Have a look at the TRV - the pin might be stuck. If it seems to be working okay then open the lockshield much more (to nearly fully open). It's usually the TRV that's at fault but opening the TRV to full and/or open the lockshield more might cure the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Does anyone know anything about balancing radiators? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock