Search the forum,

Discuss Does a Glow worm 18sxi need a constant live in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a glow worm 18sxi, in having a few problems and my insurance are saying its because it doesnt have a constant live so they wont cover the problem as it was installed this way 13 years ago. So does it have to have a constant live?

I have a glow worm 18sxi, in having a few problems and my insurance are saying its because it doesnt have a constant live so they wont cover the problem as it was installed this way 13 years ago. So does it have to have a constant live?

The installation instructions for the 18sxi clearly state that the mains must be maintained
uninterrupted at all times.

From the installation manual:

"The mains electrical supply must be maintained at all times in
order to provide domestic hot water.
Do not interrupt the mains supply with a time switch or
programme"

Hope this help you.

The installation instructions for the 18sxi clearly state that the mains must be maintained
uninterrupted at all times.

From the installation manual:

"The mains electrical supply must be maintained at all times in
order to provide domestic hot water.
Do not interrupt the mains supply with a time switch or
programme"

Hope this help you.
I'm not sure this helps me, my boiler isnt live unless it has a demand to heat the hot water for the tank or heating.

Reply to Does a Glow worm 18sxi need a constant live in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock