Search the forum,

Discuss Hep20 removal not working in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I've bought the new Hep20 Hep Key Plus. When I use it (twisting and pulling at the same time), the pipe comes out but most times the metal insert is left in the fitting. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks for the prompt reply. I can force the metal insert out (if accessible) do you think that would damage the inner workings? What about the metal removal tool, do you have any experience of that?

any reason why you need to remove the insert?

any reason why you need to remove the insert?
Thanks for taking the time to reply. That's the meat of the question. I'm an enthusiastic amateur and made a mess of measuring the hot and cold supply under a new sink I was installing and had to remove them. I guess in the professional world the quote would be "measure twice cut once" (or get a real plumber!)

Thanks for taking the time to reply. That's the meat of the question. I'm an enthusiastic amateur and made a mess of measuring the hot and cold supply under a new sink I was installing and had to remove them. I guess in the professional world the quote would be "measure twice cut once" (or get a real plumber!)

you can use your plastic pipe cutters to get in between of the pipe and insert and twist / leaver the insert out a bit then get a pair of grips to pull it out the rest of the way

be careful you don’t slip

Reply to Hep20 removal not working in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock