Search the forum,

Discuss Do I need a Durgo Valve in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Anj

Hi appreciate some advice - whether or not I need to install a durgo valve In a new downstairs bathroom....

the soil for the downstairs connects to the old soil for the upstairs which (as it’s an old house) the stack terminates above the roof line.

my uncle keeps on banging on about regs requiring a Durgo valve to be added for flow/air admittance, but in my thinking so long as the new soil has a connection to the old soil pipe vent stack then I don’t need this Durgo valve (it requires extra boxing and space in an already small bathroom and so want to avoid if I can).

from new toilet to bottom of old soil vent is about 2m and from shower plug hole about 3.2m

can you folks smarter and more knowledgable let me know what you think?

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Reply to Do I need a Durgo Valve in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone,, I'm a keen DIYer and need some advice on AAV or durgo valve,, we're renovating our house and plan to put a bathroom on the other side of the house, we currently have an old stack going straight up through the roof which is open to vent naturally, we plan on putting another soil...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I’m about to embark on a new listed building restoration project. There are seven bedrooms and three bathrooms, one of which in downstairs so not very convenient. I’ll be looking to sell on once completed and people basically expect a bathroom per bedroom these days 🙄 so need to get creative. As...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
Hi all, The short version of my question is: Where in a 4 story vertical stack would a blockage have to be for sewage gases to come back out of a sink on the 4th floor? See below: The Durgo valve is brand new but bad smells are coming out of the kitchen sink (1m away) and the cavity wall itself...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, Just in process of relocating kitchen & utility to other side of house but have a question re venting requirements. I intend to connect a sink and dishwasher in the kitchen and a sink and washing machine in the utility room to a 50mm waste pipe running within the suspended floor to...
Replies
Views
Joeab88
J
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock