Search the forum,

Discuss Danfoss setting...wall thermostat position. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

When a Danfoss RAS C2 10 mm TRV is open to its maximum setting is this the same or almost the same as having a rad with no TRV ?.
And if it is open to this maximum and left open can a wall thermostat be placed in the same room and work effectively ?.
I'm in a property with a newly fitted gas boiler/rad system...22 rads actually and am looking for the best place to position the thermostat....a Worcester Bosch Comfort 2.
Am thinking maybe a Hive system was perhaps the way I should have gone.
Thanks.

In simple terms, the answer to your question is yes.

If you have a property with 22 radiators you really need to invest in a thermostatic control system that is not driven by a single thermostat feeding radiators with TRV’s.

Honeywell Evohome is worth considering (expensive) if you don’t use all the rooms every day or on a very regular basis.

Hive is ok, but it does not independently zone radiators. It is great for a 3 bed house with 2 adults and 2 children - that is the scenario that ( I think) the algorithms are written around.

Wow 22 rads, has the system not been split into zones?

On a Combi as well :)

Op remove the trv head you can put your thermostat there then

In simple terms, the answer to your question is yes.

If you have a property with 22 radiators you really need to invest in a thermostatic control system that is not driven by a single thermostat feeding radiators with TRV’s.

Honeywell Evohome is worth considering (expensive) if you don’t use all the rooms every day or on a very regular basis.

Hive is ok, but it does not independently zone radiators. It is great for a 3 bed house with 2 adults and 2 children - that is the scenario that ( I think) the algorithms are written around.
Thanks ..yes I'll look into the Honeywell.
It was rather a rushed decision to go for the Worcester thermostat.
Will see how this coming winter pans out then take it from there.
[automerge]1571562583[/automerge]
Wow 22 rads, has the system not been split into zones?
Unfortunately no....the new system followed the design of the old one it replaced.
Huge opportunity missed there as the property was basically gutted as a renovation project.
So would something like the Evohome mentioned on this thread get over the fact the new system wasn't zoned as it should have been ?.

Last edited:

Reply to Danfoss setting...wall thermostat position. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I just moved into a new house and it has a Glow Worm Compact 24c combi boiler and a ESI ESRTP4RF+ programmable room thermostat and I am wondering if it's worth turning on the optimum start and stop features? There is also something called TPI (chronoproportional control) but I'm not sure how...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your help please. I've extended an existing 'run' of radiators - the last one on the run ( in downstairs kitchen) is cold. The first rad added is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just had my central heating system "upgraded" for a four bed-roomed detached house. The heating company recommended going from the open vented system to sealed / pressurized system, new pump ( UPS3 Grundfos ) all new plastic pipework ( extending ) the 22mm feed and return pipes so no...
Replies
Views
Hi All, My first visit here in quite a while and it's in part to share the news that I have finally gone over to the dark side! Although my 30 year old Baxi back boiler was still going strong, I've finally succumbed to pressure from Mrs RWD and had a Combi installed. The Heating Engineer that...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock