Search the forum,

Discuss Cracked top part of trap in shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi I have just bought a house and have just noticed a crack in the shower trap ,top part that connects to the tray.
There is no access to underneath of the shower tray.
Anyone identify the trap ? And can I replace the top part without having to remove the tray .
Thanks

20190423_171248.jpg

With access below the tray it's fairly easy to replace. Just looks like a standard mcalpine shower tap
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/mcalpine-shower-trap-white-40mm/5075v
If you have no access then as above, a small hole in the ceiling below, can easily be filled sanded and repainted so you won't notice, or remove the floor next to the tray so you can reach your arm under to hold the trap.
However, if your feeling brave, you could unscrew the top part and if the waste is supported or sealed to the underside of the tray then you could replace the top part with minimal fuss. Just be warned that it doesn't always work and if your not prepared to remove the ceiling if it goes wrong, don't try it.

Have done that a fair few times with success, takes a lot of patience and no silicone to hold it underneath, just a lot of feffin and jeffin. :)
HI
I have the same problem, top crack on shower trap and large stone slab and no access underneath. Did you remove the trap from above or try to seal the crack?
Thank

Reply to Cracked top part of trap in shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I have a couple of leaks coming under shower tray downstairs. One is along the wall so think might be joint between wall and tray and the other seems to be near waste tray, there is a slight hairline crack in shower tray near waste . This happens when I leave the shower head near the...
Replies
Views
I've got an issue with the shower tray not being totally flat. As you can see from the photos, it is about 7mm out at one side. It's leaning towards the waste end though. The shower tray is pushed underneath the tiles. My mate did the tiling and I now realise that we should have put the shower...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have two hairline cracks around shower tray plug waste hole. Is this a concern ? I.e let water in etc through crack ? And any fixes or do I need a new tray? I also have suspicions that the tray was fitted without a cement or mortar bed underneath to support the tray and this is...
Replies
Views
Hi, As per title we have a regular smell from the shower trap. Clean the trap twice a week, had a cleaning rod down the shower waste pipe and no blockage. Used several different drain cleaners over time but smell returns (not always but often enough to be annoying). Seems to coincide with...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock