Search the forum,

Discuss costs for fitting a new Viessmann boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a price for fitting a new boiler but would just like opinions on whether it's about right. The new boiler will be a wall mounted Vitoden 100 30Kw, the work involves;-

1) cut off the gas supply at the outside meter to the existing floor standing boiler in the kitchen.
2) run 12m of new pipe from the meter around three outside walls & through into the utility room.
3) supply boiler & RF (what is this?)
4) Fit boiler on wall, cut core through wall for the flue (CH & H&C tails poking through the ceiling)
5) connect condensate pipe to existing low level waste pipe
6) connect to nearby ring main spur
7) flush the existing system

The pipe runs to the new boiler position are all in place, time allowance given is 1 day for two guys, £1800 cash.

Is this about right and does it sound like a good inclusive spec? Should I be including a room stat or anything else?

Rf is the stat. Sounds like a bargain. I'd bite his arm off!

How can you install a boiler for cash when as a gas engineer you need to notify the install to Gas Safe which then leaves a trail should you ever be investigated??? Then again, cash means no receipt I assume? So why bother notifying hey :)

Cash doesn't always mean that actually IMHO. I've been paid cash and notified and given a receipt.

Sounds good to me, having had various quotes for a similar job. The boiler MAY have all its connections at the bottom, not at the top like the old one, so more work than you may think.

Thats daft - we often get paid in cash and on here I can be that we always give
an invoice- some people do not trust banks or just want to make sure they can pay us
..........some of our older ones EVEN want to pay us as we arrive in cash.

We have been in business since 1982 and all our paperwrk is spot on
- I have a business mgr who does this and more

centralheatking
How can you install a boiler for cash when as a gas engineer you need to notify the install to Gas Safe which then leaves a trail should you ever be investigated??? Then again, cash means no receipt I assume? So why bother notifying hey :)

I just had another price for this job but with a Vaillant boiler- £2350+VAT. I can't see how he gets it to that although by mistake he included for removing the old boiler and pipework. Presumably though there is some scrap value?

I just had another price for this job but with a Vaillant boiler- £2350+VAT. I can't see how he gets it to that although by mistake he included for removing the old boiler and pipework. Presumably though there is some scrap value?

variations in boiler prices ? ps why not have the 35kw viessmann fitted only 80 quid more to buy also be sure u get the 5year warenty that a vaillant / vessmann accredited installer can give u for free lol

How long do you expect the boiler to last?

How long would you like to be able to call your installer if you have a problem or wish to upgrade / change your heating system?

How long is the warranty on a new gas boiler installed without the system being flushed?

£2350.00 + VAT is nearly there for the basic work, now ask for a price that covers you under Part L, the manufacturers warranty and a little confidence that the installer will still be in business next week.

All my recent quotes for a new boiler etc just gave me a price, I didn't even think about VAT at the time (which was all included, in case you're wondering) but not mentioned by anyone.

What turnover do you need to be VAT reg?

All my recent quotes for a new boiler etc just gave me a price, I didn't even think about VAT at the time (which was all included, in case you're wondering) but not mentioned by anyone.

What turnover do you need to be VAT reg?

I'm not in the UK but think it's around £50,000 P.A. to be honest I seldom bring up the subject of VAT with private home owners, many do not understand the process and hate the idea of giving the Government a further slice of their hard earned cash.

I have had customers insisting on cash only, what they didn't grasp was the idea that I have bills to pay and the accounts must balance, so their cash gets lodged, the Government gets their cut and we all sleep soundly.

I had a chemical flush added about a week beforehand, then ran the old boiler for about an hour a day.

Then it was drained down, then refilled after the new boiler was fitted, drained down again, then, with the boiler on (and the filling loop on), each radiator was drained until it ran clear. The GSR kept an eye on the pressure, while I checked the end of the hose to tell him when it ran clear.

Does that seem OK?

If the engineer was satisfied and he's completed the commissioning details accordingly, it should be ok.

Was inhibitor added? Do you have a filter fitted?

If the engineer was satisfied and he's completed the commissioning details accordingly, it should be ok.

Was inhibitor added? Do you have a filter fitted?

Yes inhibitor was added.

I enquired about a filter, he quoted a price but told me it was not necessary, so i didn't have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to costs for fitting a new Viessmann boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
hello! while saving up for a new plumbing and heating installation for my new one bedroom flat, i did a lot of research on different boilers and systems, sought some advice, and settled on a viessmann vitodens 050-w, seems to offer a lot in terms of features and reliability, offers good value...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am about to get the attached Viessmann 100-w heat only boiler with pump and diverter valve. Current boiler - Non Condensing System - OV, CH only, no DHW Feeder Tank - Yes Expansion vessel - No Pressure Relief Valve - Yes Filter - No RF connections - 22mm NG pipe - 15mm from meter to...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Not sure if it's a plumbers job or another trade but thought I'd ask. I am installing a new toilet downstairs next to an outside wall. There is a 3 way inspection/access chamber about 1.5 metres outside this point which I plan on going into. It has one inlet in use from the upstairs WC...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm considering fitting an isolator valve to 15mm feed to my toliet cistern. It would require cutting off an existing compression fitting for a flex hose, after which I'd only be left with maybe an inch and a half of pipe. I've never fitted a compression fitting before, can someone...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock