Search the forum,

Discuss Cost of a new ideal boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi folks I’m currently looking at swapping my old boiler which is a Ideal Isar HE24 , as it seems to be leaking condensed from the flue onto the fan housing when it’s frosty outside.
So I was looking at Ideal again; the house was built in 2004 by Millers and plumbed in Hep20 with copper pipe tails at the boiler .
So what sort of cost I’m l looking at ? Oh I’m in Derbyshire and so not London rates .

Depends what ideal boiler you want, the logic is cheaper than the vogue but the vogue is a better boiler than the logic and offers a longer warranty. Personally for the price of a logic you'd be better with a baxi 624 or 630 or for the price of a vogue you'd be better with a valiant ecotech pro28 or an 832. How much hot water demand do you have and what heating controls do you have?

Last edited by a moderator:
No London prices was a good one :) if you want a good engineer whith good knowledge and an honest lad and no cutting corners then you will need to pay for quality. Quality has a price which is not just the boiler, nor the labour cost but a trustworthy engineer who will be looking after you for long time. Isn’t it better to have an engineer who you can trust and rely on? If so, sometimes you will need to bite into the bullet.
If I was you I would pay a little. Ire and get a Vaillant ecotec plus but that’s down to your budget. It’s my recommendation as I love Vaillant and viessmann. I cannot judge about baxi nor biasi or ideal but as you can see there some people on here who would install and recommend them.

Between £3000- £4000 there will definitely be more work to do than just swapping like for like , ideal logic is a decent mid range boiler with 7 - 10 year manufacturer's warranty , kop

I would not choose an ideal boiler myself. However in 2017 Ideal were the highest selling boiler manufacturer in volume terms with 33,000 units sold per month according to indepenant auditors.
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

I would not choose an ideal boiler myself. However in 2017 Ideal were the highest selling boiler manufacturer in volume terms with 33,000 units sold per month according to indepenant auditors.
For the price the logic is not a bad boiler at all, nice looking boiler and easy to install but I prefer the baxi 600 series over it now, there's only about £50 difference between the 30kw models but the baxi has all brass components where the logic is becoming more and more plastic, still not a bad boiler but think the baxi tops it. Never fitted a vogue because as mentioned above, for the price I'd prefer a valiant.

Didn`t you say the numbers weren`t relevant to the average houseowner in another post.

Whatecer the cost, dont forget to allow nesrly £300 for a fixed price repair when the HEX leaks just outside the warranty.

or sump goes/ leaks

If I was able to make an informed choice and could wait then the new generation of hydrogen enhanced natural gas units would be the ones to watch in my opinion

Surely that depends on where you live, so far we've only had the blending trials in iirc Keele uni which don't require any changes to appliances. Its going to be at least a decade before there's anything close to resembling a nation wide transfer, in the mean time it will be one or two small very localised trials.

As much as its a great idea I think we should be way further ahead and should have as a goal to shift a transfer from nat gas to hydrogen, I'm not convinced it will ever happen on a large scale. It will depend on the gov of the day, I can't see current lot subsiding boiler swaps which is only way they will get consent for such a disruptive change.

Although not strictly related to the cost of a new ideal (and I would go vaillant), for better or worse, reduction of gas combustion in cities to reduce NOx is something that may be in the pipeline. Electric vehicles are being pushed hard in cities and the relative value of NOx produced by gas combustion will increase as internal combustion engine vehicles disappear.

Its an interesting tangent and probably deserving of a new thread, I suppose a lot depends on the cost & emissions of electricity generation in the future, we might reach a point where it makes sense for them to push electric boilers/ovens/hobs and try and do away with gas altogther, but that would also require massive grid upgrades. Equally it might make more sense and be less disruptive to the labour market (i.e. wont have a load of unemployed gas engineers) to use that electricity to create hydrogen, and use the existing gas grid, would probably be cheaper/more efficient, but its a very interesting topic which is definitely derailing the thread.

All boiler break and regardless of your budget or what make/model you have installed, the frequency your boiler breaks bares no relationship to the price you pay for the it.

However, the only thing to consider when choosing a make is, will the parts be available in 15, 20, 25 years time.

I've serviced so called crap males (biasi, ravenheat, heatline) that are 15 to 20 years old and customers say its been great, i also repair these makes if the parts are available, which they are.

I find the reason lots of boiler are replaced is because an installation engineer turns up at a tricky breakdown.

It also drives me mentle that people think a boiler needs to be replaced at 10 to 12 years, its TOTAL BOLLOCKS.

I have to agree Bibbs I have boilers which I have fitted 10years old + and very rarely do they play up i put it down to keeping the system clean nearly all have mag filters and have a yearly full strip down and flush through any small faults get repaired I have a mix of heat only and combis, Baxi,Ideal ,Valliant, Atag , Intergas, Worcester all good units no cheapies. Cheers kop

I have to agree Bibbs I have boilers which I have fitted 10years old + and very rarely do they play up i put it down to keeping the system clean nearly all have mag filters and have a yearly full strip down and flush through any small faults get repaired I have a mix of heat only and combis, Baxi,Ideal ,Valliant, Atag , Intergas, Worcester all good units no cheapies. Cheers kop
That’s where the huge differences are. You installed boilers from scratch and serviced them annually. I am talking about a good service not the ones I see on daily basis. Full strip, safety checks, replacing seals, electrodes, checking exp. vessel etc...
You are one of not many people who takes care in the right way and therefore getting the works. Another factor is that the boilers last much longer than just 15 years. If you really look after a boiler and do it right, you will have a boiler for more than 20 years. But as you know there are so many people who wants the quick money and therefore lacking of doing the job right.

Reply to Cost of a new ideal boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello I’m hoping for some perceptive / input as I’m a long-distance landlord trying to unpick the best thing to do. Gas safety certificate was done on my rental flat (1st floor) which has a 10 year old Aviston E-combi EVO boiler. It failed based on rusting external flu components, which has...
Replies
Views
I've got a non condensing Glowworm Ultimate with gravity tank and hot Water tank in a 4 bed house. 11 radiators 1 double 1400mm length 1 P+ 1400mm length 2 P+ 400mm length 7 singles 400mm 1 mains shower average water pressure Any recommendations on combi boiler and KW? Boiler budget...
Replies
Views
I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 15i condenser boiler which is about 13 years old. There is a separate hot water tank. Recently the fan in the boiler has started to stay on all the time. My usual engineer took a look at it and advised me to contact the manufacturer. I then had an engineer from...
Replies
Views
Hey folks, I'm wondering if someone could possibly help, I'm looking for a possible part number b4 I call ideal in the morning, I fitted an Ideal vogue 6years ago so it's generation 1 vogue c32, I also fitted a RF wireless controller (prt4) The reciever part plugs directly onto the boiler...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi guys I’m new to this forum but have been a guest for several months now. Moved to a ground floor apartment in 2007 which had a Gledhill Sytrmate2000 / Glow Worm Micron 40ff. Both have been fairly reliable until this winter when Thermal store DHW pump packed up & is now Obsolete? Have had...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock