Search the forum,

Discuss cost of a full heating system ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lfcfortheleague

can I please ask for advice ?. I have being left my fathers house and it needs modernisation. it needs heating so....gas combi boiler pus 4 medium rads and 3 small rads will do the job. I have 2 plumbers calling to give quotes,what can I expect to pay,all in inc.labour. the house is in east Yorkshire but I live in somerset so I don`t want to be ripped of! thanks for any help.......frank..

Last edited by a moderator:
About 3 foot 6 inches.

The piece of string that is.

Get three estimates. Ask to see previous works and/or speak to past customers.

PS Not all of us rip people off.

big help , thanks simon will get 3 quotes. don`t meen to offend but a new face in town might be an extra `0` on the bill.

Who say`s a combi will do you or a plumber? They aren`t for every house, ie multiple showers and it`s not the best way to go as others have found out.

big help , thanks simon will get 3 quotes. don`t meen to offend but a new face in town might be an extra `0` on the bill.

Hint 1/ Don't tell them your from out of town.
Hint 2/ Don't tell them you were left the place from your father.

Hint 3/ Tell them you're moving back and you bought the place.

I really don't know what difference it makes, most genuine people find genuine people.

If you start off by being wary and assume you are going to be ripped off - then you scare off any genuine plumbers.

Some of us have dealt with customers for many years and we seem to get a feeling about some customers - from previous experiences - that scare us away also.

We deal with this by either:

Not submitting a quote, or submitting a ridiculously high quote.
If we don't get the job - all good.
If we get the job - proceed with caution.

It works both ways.

Last edited:
Speak to your fathers neighbours about who they use or would recommend. Also make sure you are around whilst works going on, not sat on their shoulders, but there at start of day and towards end.

Also what are you doing with the house, selling, renting, moving in? Adjust budget to suit.

Whereabouts in East Yorkshire? Maybe somebody on here who could assist.

[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

Almost every member on here seems to come from ferret and flat cap county, shouldn't be too hard.

Certainly one in every town and sometimes more. Surprised they haven`t started their own sub forum.

So it is true that people from Yorkshire are stubborn once they get an idea in their head then.

lol

I wonder what percentage of convicts you sent us were from Yorkshire?

Whatever the percentage, there seems to be an abnormal resurgence of their DNA popping up over here.

i would imagine the majority of convicts were from the south as that is where a lot of the aussie accent is derived from. we are too god fearing and polite also well mannered up noth to have been sent to the colonies

Surprised the Yorkshire plumbers ever get anything done, afraid to take there hands out of there pockets incase they have to spend anything, I know its all true about them I come from Lancashire

Surprised the Yorkshire plumbers ever get anything done, afraid to take there hands out of there pockets incase they have to spend anything, I know its all true about them I come from Lancashire

Yep we are worse that the scots lol

£2000 for the boiler, £1500 for rads 1500 labour + digs money and expenses (10 pints of stella per night!)
When do you want me to start :smoking:

try getting quotes from ageuk, they are on the books with a code of practice so you will at least have a good one.

£2000 for the boiler, £1500 for rads 1500 labour + digs money and expenses (10 pints of stella per night!)
When do you want me to start :smoking:

You would be working in Yorkshire, expect done for meat pie & pint of bitter, if your from out of the area go in disguise ! Flat cap & Whippet and take Black Pudding sandwich,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to cost of a full heating system ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock