Search the forum,

Discuss correct installation advice for secondary return and pumped shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

supermario

If I fit an indirect cylinder with a secondary return pump fitted to an Essex flange and then fit another essex flange to supply a pump for a shower, will the secondary return pump affect the flow switch on the shower?, i.e. will this cause the shower pump to kick in when their is no demand?.

Not if they are seperate circuits. Flow switch is only activated by drawing off from the shower pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to correct installation advice for secondary return and pumped shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hey, here goes and I hope it works.. never used one of these before! I have a Sagittarius Ergo mixer shower min bar of pressure required 1 bar. Connect to this is a 1.5 bar Ora Salamander pump for a positive head, this was connected by a plumber of course and we’ve had it all rigged up...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a hot water cylinder which feeds 3 outlets (kitchen sink, basin in bathroom & bathtap) which has never had very good pressure (probably because of the set-up) but last year got so feeble that a guy suggested fitting a pump alongside the cylinder. This can work fine but then all of a...
Replies
Views
B
I'm a plumbing novice so first of all I apologise if I'm not explaining this situation correctly. I've recently renovated a house for my family to live in and we're having an issue with water not staying hot when the secondary return circuit is on. From a starting point of fully heated the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking to purchase a 300L unvented indirect cylinder to work with a standard heat only boiler. I may have solar panels in the future, but likely the PV kind rather than the thermal kind, and won't be having heat pump in the future. So the cylinder would be connected to the boiler at...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock