Search the forum,

Discuss cooker prob in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sav

hi all i got a rangemaster 55 leisure with a problem.

you turn the oven burnner on and it lights low flame and stays on low flame and doesent go to high flame, is the stat b*ggered on it or is something else? :confused:

thanks for the advice :D

are you gsr?simple answer to this one however i would not freely give advice to anyone who is not gsr when it comes to messing with gas related components,

yep i am but never realy had a job to fault find on a cooker most people just fit new cookers round my way.

my num is 504102 or my id card num is 2541884

just want to fit the right part the 1st time thats all

Trust me Kirky ...its the cooker stat ...high rate regulator to be Exact .... go back to you day job ....tut tut

Sorry.... I agree with Kirkgas, more likely to be something else on the control line.... keep looking :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry.... I agree with Kirkgas, more likely to be something else on the control line.... keep looking :)
as obove already told op fault and where to purchase part,simple common fault we know,however some peeps seem to have a different opinion,let them carry on.

as obove already told op fault and where to purchase part,simple common fault we know,however some peeps seem to have a different opinion,let them carry on.

I thought you had so didnt say any more..

gb-gas

Is it FSD , think if that not working/damaged then it is not letting main gas thru, just working at bypass rate .

Whats with the saying "if a man is alone in the woods, with no women around... is he still wrong?" GB GAS, I dont get it,lol, then again i'm not the brightest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it FSD , think if that not working/damaged then it is not letting main gas thru, just working at bypass rate .

Whats with the saying "if a man is alone in the woods, with no women around... is he still wrong?" GB GAS, I dont get it,lol, then again i'm not the brightest.
at last.

Lol... are men ever right about anything when women are involved... I never am. lol ;)

Oh ...looks like stat not working ...wards and kirks ....hmmmmm ...... people in woods ....back to school ..you beginners .... one without the other dose not work ....AKA ...a unit ...." work with cripples and you start limping ".....good nite and good luck.

Understanding a cooker control line is a concept lost on some people...

The Thermostat
The primary part of the control is a simple gas tap... this when opened, lets gas straight through at full rate to the Fsd. The thermostat only closes as the heat builds in the oven.

The FSD
When cold the liquid expansion FSD is in the CLOSED position a small bypass lets enough gas through to light on low flame. The small flame heats the probe and the liqid expands opening the valve.

The "unit" is in a completely different place from the stat....
School time is over...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to cooker prob in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock