Search the forum,

Discuss Converting power shower to electric shower in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello, first post here, thanks for having me.

I have a power shower in my house, obviously it has both a cold and hot water supply. I want to convert it to a Triton 9kw shower. I am upgrading the cable size to 10sq and also the RCBO size. What I want to know is if it is okay to block off the hot water supply to the power shower and use the cold water supply to connect into the electric shower? Will the pipe size be okay I believe it is 1/2 inch flexible pipe? Also what is the best way to isolate the supply from both pipes rather than what I did earlier as a test run to knock off every red lever and drain the taps haha.

Thanks!

Is the cold tank feed as normally electric showers want cold mains

If you are installing a Triton T90SR which is a pumped electric shower then it must be supplied from a header tank which is presumably what you already have.
If you are contemplating a mains Triton then you need a Triton 80Z but if you already have the cold water header tank then I would definitely go for the T90SR as your mains pressure may not be sufficient which is often the case in this part of the world.

In England, you should cut out the redundant section of hot pipe and not leave a dead-leg. Not sure if the same law exists in Ireland, but it would seem sensible not to leave long dead-legs in the pipework.

Reply to Converting power shower to electric shower in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock