Search the forum,

Discuss Constant Air In Heating System in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Guys,
New to the forum, looking for advice to avoid spending thousands (just yet anyway). I have an old Back boiler system (Baxi Boiler), tanks in the attic for rads and hot water as well as immersion tank in airing cupboard. A few weeks before boiler service, the heating started making an absolute racket like there is air being pushed round as well as the water. I turn the heating + hot water off and bleed the rads , usually starting with furthest from the boiler working my way round to the closest get loads of air out, once water flowing from each I turn everything back on. All quiet for about 10-15 minutes (sometimes less) then the same noise all over again I repeat the bleeding process then noises again. I'm at my wits end really as it's stupidly noisy, can't sleep with it on and my neighbours must think i'm deaf as keep having to turn the tv up really loud.

In the last 6 months I flushed the system, with FERNOX F3 CENTRAL HEATING CLEANER, then used FERNOX F1 CENTRAL HEATING PROTECTOR in tank. Thought it may be the pump on it's way out but can actually feel it working.

Can anyone help please?

Reply to Constant Air In Heating System in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock