Search the forum,

Discuss combis/unvented running with no pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

traineedrip

been doing a few rad jobs lately and found that the systems were very low or empty of pressure, customers totally unaware and heating seemimgly fine.

So what is the issue running like this? will it wear quicker? more stress on the pump? :confused:

been doing a few rad jobs lately and found that the systems were very low or empty of pressure, customers totally unaware and heating seemimgly fine.

So what is the issue running like this? will it wear quicker? more stress on the pump? :confused:

what do you mean by combi/unvented? hot water is unvnted, a combi is a sealed heating system, i presume u refer to a combi. if the heating is working fine then whats the problem?

what do you mean by combi/unvented? hot water is unvnted, a combi is a sealed heating system, i presume u refer to a combi. if the heating is working fine then whats the problem?

I mean combis and sealed heating systems in general. They are supposed to stay pressurised at 1 bar cold. Customer info sheet says call out if pressure drops below .5 bar.

Would risk getting air drawn into system.

That makes sense, Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

pump damage,over heating mainly but lots will work at low pressure if it does not have a low water pressure switch,if its a diaphragm driven flow/pump pressure switch the pump could[and does]fail before the h/limit stat kicks in

most cobis and system boiler have a low water cut of nowadays most will work down to almost zero preasure

the only issue i have had with this is when a boiler is in the loft and the pressure drops below.5bar and keeps running the pump can burn out. pumps work better with pressure behing them(cannot remember why?) if they are at low level they should always have the head of pressure to support.
your right in saying the system needs to be topped up but ive had it when i could only get 0.5bar pressure and its still worked fine

I am new to this, so please forgive ignorance. Recently the pressure in my Baxi HE130 system the CH pressure dropped to almost zero, but it still carried on ok. I recharged the pressure vessel to 1 bar, no water coming out of it, and the system to 1.5 bar. After a few days, it has settled to 1.6bar cold, and 2.6bar hot. (I have a more accurate second guage where I can see it as the boiler is in the loft) How does that sound for pressure, is that about normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to combis/unvented running with no pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the cylinder has been heated I get what sounds like a vibration. It generally starts about 1s after I open the tap and lasts for about 1.5s. I've...
Replies
Views
We need an urgent advice, we have a gravity water system and we are in a middle of loft conversion. We are adding an en-suit in loft and prefer to have a good water pressure there. What we want, is to either be able to run multiple showers at once, or if one person is having a shower, other...
Replies
Views
I'd like to install an unvented cylinder in the loft. With limited headroom it would have to be horizontal. I want to keep my existing valiant condensing boiler. I currently have a vented set up. A couple of plumbers said this could work. Will the feed and expansion tank for the central...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
Not an expert at all here, so please bear with me. We bought a Victorian terraced house early 2 years ago that was maintained quite well, with a heating system consisting of UFH on the bottom floor with its own manifold and each room being a zone. We also have 5 radiators (2 aluminium cast)...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock