Search the forum,

Discuss Combination cylinders in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

boer

First and foremost, hello to all!

I am hoping someone can advise me where the best place to purchase combination cylinders would be, be it online or elsewhere.

I am searching for a 1500 x 450 Economy 7 direct combination unit as I wish to replace my current unit which has seen better days.

The best place from online searches I have found so far stocks the above unit for £318 inclusive, which I would say is reasonable, but just wondered if anyone knew of any other sources/websites as I cant find that many companies that have E7 units available for comparison/alternative.

Many thanks in advance.

Try direct here [DLMURL="http://www.newarkcoppercylinder.co.uk/cylinders/combination/"]Combination Copper Cylinders | Newark Copper Cylinders[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
An unvented cylinder is fed directly from the cold water main,there's no small tank on top of the cylinder like your old cylinder has. As a result you get mains pressure at the hot taps,much better for showers!

You do need good incoming pressure and flow from your present water main,and any plumber fitting one must have the qualification to do so(G3).

£308 all in is a good price, can you post a link for it ?

Can this Maxistore unit be used in place of a combination unit? Sorry if its a silly question!

I live in a flat if that helps and assumed what I needed was a direct combination unit (as is currently in place). Im learning as I go, so please bear with me, how do the connections work on this Maxistore compared to the combi unit. The connections I have on my current unit are as follows:

2 x immersion elements into the lower tank (1 E7, 1 booster)
Cold main water into upper tank
Plastic overflow coming out of upper tank
Hot feed out of lower tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combination cylinders in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock