Search the forum,

Discuss Combi off peak boiler in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi I'm not sure if anyone will be able to help me with this but as you will be able to tell I know nothing about boilers!
I've just moved into a rented flat that has an electric boiler. The landlord didn't install the boiler so he's not super useful on how anything works!
The boiler is an Electromax Combined Electric Flow Boiler and Direct Unvented Hot Water Cylinder by Heatraesadia.

From what I can work out the boiler heats up water overnight to use the next day. Does anyone know who sets these off peak times for the boiler to work overnight? I don't have an off peak tarrif but would it still be the energy company? Or would it be something built into the boiler? The boiler also has a timer attached to it, I asked Heatraesaida if this is something that comes with the boiler but they said no, and we think the timer isn't working, but we're not 100% sure how it is supposed to work. I would assume that you just set it to whatever time it is now and then that'll tell the boiler what time it is to come on/off. However it doesn't seem to change time as it should. Happy to post a picture of the timer if that helps anyone. Also, should note that the heating is run by a separate thermostat system so that is fine, it's just trying to get some hot water!

Many thanks :)

Reply to Combi off peak boiler in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30Si combi boiler, the analog clock has stopped and the On-Timer-Off switch only works on Timer setting,. So I have set all the little timer switches to ON and the boiler does work then. Any help or source for a new clock would be great. TIA
Replies
Views
Hi I am somewhat confused. My daughter has a combi boiler bought 2-3 years ago and has it timed to come on in morning for an hour and at night for a few hours using "auto"? mode I had been brought up to leave boilers on manual and set the thermostat low at night to prevent pipes from...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have an OSO Direct 210 hit water cylinder installed in my home, with 2 switches (on/off; and boost). The boiler is for hot water only (rads are electric). In the 5 years that I’ve lived at this property, I’ve never once turned the boiler off; however, with soaring energy prices, I’m...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all, i moved recently in new home and realised that there is no room external thermostat wired to the Ideal Combi boiler. There is only mechanical timer on it. I saw some videos on Internet that mechanical timer can be replaced with electrical one but i am not sure if it is compatible with...
Replies
Views
Dobsuk
D
I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 15i condenser boiler which is about 13 years old. There is a separate hot water tank. Recently the fan in the boiler has started to stay on all the time. My usual engineer took a look at it and advised me to contact the manufacturer. I then had an engineer from...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock