Search the forum,

Discuss Combi boiler for H/W only? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

patrickblue

Just a question regarding combi boilers.
At the moment in a small one bedroom house, I have an old Brittony FF, and no CH.
The FF is on it's last legs and I need to replace. I also will be installing CH in the near future.
The question is (as you may have guessed) is can I have a combi installed now, just for hot water, and add CH later, or will a combi require CH to operate.
Many thanks

Your gas safe registered engineer will be best to advise you on this Patrick , welcome to the forums too

some boilers can run fine without the heating side installed, but most will require some part of the heating system installed. you can get away with a small loop of pipework in most cases but it may be a better idea to consider installing a radiator in the room the boiler is nearest to as you will be paying for this in the near future anyway.

as Lee suggested above, speak to your engineer.

some boilers can run fine without the heating side installed, but most will require some part of the heating system installed. you can get away with a small loop of pipework in most cases but it may be a better idea to consider installing a radiator in the room the boiler is nearest to as you will be paying for this in the near future anyway.

as Lee suggested above, speak to your engineer.

Thanks very much, most helpful.

Ask your installer about Intergas boilers. Can be set up to work as a water heater with no heating pipes connected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combi boiler for H/W only? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I recently fitted a new central heating circuit and ran hot and cold to the bathroom and kitchen in my property (I was a CORGI registered central heating installer about 15 years ago, so I felt comfortable running the flow/return to rads). I am in need of a combi boiler install with a...
Replies
Views
My daughter lives alone in a 3 bed semi in the west country. The house is 20 years old. The central heating and hot water are provided from a Glow-worm gas boiler working in conjunction with a Boilermate 2000. The central heating pipework is microbore. In view of the age of the boiler and...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
T
Hi We urgently need to get our h/w cylinder replaced because it's leaking. Our current system is oil boiler feeding underfloor downstairs, radiators upstairs and an unvented hot water cylinder for hot water. We are thinking of moving to a heat pump at some point but aren't ready to do this. My...
Replies
Views
I'm in a bit of a bind with a current CH install where I need to install a filter prior to a flush but no where to install My issue is the return on the combi (ideal 35) runs directly behind the boiler then up through the ceiling so I have no clearance to even attempt to snake it out to fit a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock