Search the forum,

Discuss cold rad! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stecorcoran83

im having a problem with 1 radiator when heating is on all the rads warm up apart from 1 which stays cold can any1 help?

need a bit more info as could be any number of faults i.e air in rad/stuck thermostatic rad valve/closed lockshield valve/ system may require balancing sludged up rad /microbore pipe system fault seems endless but give us as much info as you can and we will all do our best to help:)regards turnpin

hi yeah sorry couldnt get back online yesterday, its an upstairs rad, the flow and return pipes are hot. im presuming its full of sludge. if so whats the best method of clearing it

shut all the others see if it warms up - if it does slowly open the others.

could do with professionally balancing and maybe a powerflush. then a magna clean fitting (sign me up british gas haha)

Firstly, has it worked previously?
If it's always been like this, probably a balancing issue.
If it's developed this problem over time (or you don't know how long it's existed) then eliminate problems starting with the easiest to investigate first.
Does it have a TRV valve on one end? Check the pin isn't stuck.
If valves seem ok, take rad off and flush it out.

if its an old rad could be sludge, if new i think it may have to be balanced, what size r the pipes?

its an old rad i think it is sludge. wots the easiest way to get rid of it? or do u think a new rad is needed

isolate the valves, take rad off, take outside and flush it out, put back on and hapy days

its proper long i'll av to get some1 to help me. cheers mate thanks for advice.

no probs, they are heavy and the sludge can get everywhere if your not careful, good luck

hi mate i just got around to taking the rad off, we flushed out the sludge put it back on balanced the system and still wont warm up....the flow pipe is hot and the bottom corner of the rad gets a bit hot but the rest of it doesnt warm up. do u think the rad valve on the return is faulty or blocked or even the pipe itself blocked, its a microbore system.

sounds like the return valve is blocked or shut off, theres no flow across the rad. you could strip the rad off again and try opening the return valve to see if anything comes out, let me know how you go

alrite mate, we went back and drained the system took the rad off the return valve was fine so i had a look at the TRV and the pin was stuck. sorted that out and its working fine now.....cheers mate.

arrhh sorry, didnt think of that and its the most usual issue!!!!! you can sometimes pull the pin out but it can leak afterwards, if it does that you know what to replace eh? well done, cheers fuzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to cold rad! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock