Search the forum,

Discuss Central heating wiring in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there just to ask on wiring for a salus 2 channel programmer.

We only have the boiler coming off this at present. We don't want to seperate the rads and water as yet as this wiring is upstairs!

So we are using two channel programmer to basically operate the boiler.

We have LNE coming off a switched spur which is already in place. And a LNE going to boiler.

It's the EP210 model

Attachments

• IMG_20200823_223515.jpg
    IMG_20200823_223515.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20200823_223510.jpg
    IMG_20200823_223510.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 4
As above. What sort of control do you jace at the moment? Is there a room thermostat present?
Hi there. It was just a standard timeclock with pop in/out 24 hour timer on it. No room thermostats.
We have central heating off boiler.
Upstairs we have two zone valves on single switches to be able to turn off radiators. We don't have wiring brought down stairs as yet to connect them to the programmer.
So for the moment it wil just be the boiler off the timer.
[automerge]1598305993[/automerge]
What was there originally?
Single socket 24 hour pop in/out timer

Then you would take a permanent live,neutral and earth to a wiring centre, from there a permanent live and neutral to the programmer and then a switch live from CH on (connection 4) to boiler along with a neutral and earth from the wiring centre.

Then you would take a permanent live,neutral and earth to a wiring centre,
.....we currently have a isolating switch on the wiring that has LNE from here for the boiler timer.
....wiring centre. Would a block terminal work in this scenario

from there a permanent live and neutral to the programmer

To the N/L and earth also.

and then a switch live from CH on (connection 4) to boiler along

L for the boiler.

with a neutral and earth from the wiring centre.

...from block connector ? Or does this pass thru the timer also.
.....we currently have a isolating switch on the wiring that has LNE from here for the boiler timer.
....wiring centre. Would a block terminal work in this scenario

L for the boiler.

Attachments

• 15983530806801311135562.jpg
    15983530806801311135562.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 1
...we currently have a isolating switch on the wiring that has LNE from here for the boiler timer.
..wiring centre. Would a block terminal work in this scenario

L for the boiler.

To be honest and as the guys have said above you're best getting an engineer out as you're obviously not 100% sure. Theres nothing wrong with that and I shouldn't have assumed you were confident in your self. Electricity can kill and i dont want a mistake by you on my hands.
Its an hour job, if that to someone who knows exactly what they're doing.

Reply to Central heating wiring in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock