Search the forum,

Discuss Central Heating problems: GreenstarRi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bisleyboy

Hi
I had a Worcester Bosch Greenstar Ri and Honeywell ST6400C installed about 4 years ago, and up to now all's been O/K. Recently, when the CH is on there is a continuous clicking noise from the boiler, also when I switched off the boiler using the room thermostat or the Honeywell controller I noticed that the pump and fan continued to run, and run, and run, it wouldn't stop unless I used the boiler off switch. If I switched the boiler back on the pump and fan came on again. I managed to stop this problem by switching the water heater on and off using the Honeywell.

I spoke to WB technical support about this problem and she said it could be the Honeywell or the boiler and they could send out a technician. I want to get this sorted soon but could anybody give me more details about the possible cause of the problem. I am happy to use a local plumber ( I live in Farnborough Hants) if I know who to approach.

Any advice would be welcome.

bisleyboy

You need to check if there is a switched live coming in to the boiler when the timer is in an off period, if so you've got a prob with controls. If no power on switched side of clock but at boiler check motorized valves probably the micro switch putting a permanent live to boiler. you'll need boiler wiring diagram, if checking valves check make, find their diagrams on the net. hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central Heating problems: GreenstarRi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock