Search the forum,

Discuss Central Heating does not Cut Off Ideal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sara

Hello, I'm be grateful if anyone could give me advice please. I have an Ideal boiler with a Honeywell CM921 Thermostat. The central heating does not cut off. The domestic hot water is not a problem. But the hot water, no matter what temperature I turn it down to does not go off and I have to turn it off at the boiler to switch it off. I have renewed the batteries with new good batteries but that hasn't made any difference.
Many thanks for any helpful hints. Sara

Hello Sara. Do you have a hot water cylinder in your airing cupboard or is your boiler a combi?

Thank you. Do you know approximately how much is a new one if we need to replace. Just a rough idea. By the way all the switches seem to work, all the buttons, it's just that it doesn't seem to be able to turn the central heating down as if the communication has stopped.

Thank you very much for your quick replies LP and Croppie. Is there a way of switch off the Thermostat so I can restart and reset it? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central Heating does not Cut Off Ideal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when the Gledhill controls for the “hot water” and “central heading” are turned on the Ideal boiler makes a constant “clicking” noise and tries to start...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
L
Hey everyone, I'll keep it short. Had our old system boiler replaced with a new Ideal system boiler set up. Then the problems began. First issue was the pump went faulty, so the pump was replaced. This then led to a new issue coming up where the central heating would work, but not the hot...
Replies
Views
Our house was built in 2007 and we are the second family to live here - moving in in 2017. The central heating has been working fine - although the gas boiler is perhaps nearing the end of its life. But the boiler is not our current issue. Last winter two of the radiators did not heat up and...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm dealing with Vaillant Ecotec 824 R1 in one flat. The boiler make a very loud noise when central heating is on - this is random and occurs mostly at night. I'm sharing video showing the problem: So far we changed: 1. Expansion vessel 2. Pump 3. Water pressure gauge - analogue sensor...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock