Search the forum,

Discuss Can the rad tails on kudox radiators go far in? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys, I have fitted a new radiator and had a few issues working things out once I put it on the bracket. I screwed the tails in until the threads were no longer visible.

The tails were too far out of the rad/too long and couldn't align the valves with the pipes. So I twisted them in further until even the tail bolt was just poking out the radiator and sank in the hole. Now it is fitting but I don't know if I have put too much force onto the tails to cause damage..

The bolt is really big though, unlike any other tail bolt I see they're much shorter. I can turn it until the bolt is hardly poking out.

Does anybody on here have experience with kudox radiators? If so do you have any ideas/experiences about the tails?

I have, in the past, trimmed a tail bolt down to get another 1/8". This only works with the kind that connects to the valve itself using a nut and olive.

Is it from Screwfix?
I have fitted lots, they are no different to other radiators except the tails are nice and chunky.

Thanks for your replies guys. Yes it's from screwfix and I used the plumbers PTFE tape, wrapped 12-15 times. I have found that even though as advertised the same sizes they're all slightly different, tails that is. Or that's just me missing something. I bought some tails separately from toolstation and were only just a little shorter than the kudox ones.

Yesterday I got a kudox radiator from toolstation and it came with a free TRV. The TRV that come with this is not a kudox one, bit cheaper TRV so not the best at all maybe, but the tails and valves are a perfect fit for my current pipes. I'm trying to upload a picture of all three together but it's saying the image is not as expected. I've also shrank the image to 700kb in case it was too large.

Reply to Can the rad tails on kudox radiators go far in? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock