Search the forum,

Discuss Can anyone tell me what this is? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpm

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Plumber has used it as a drain off on the discharge pipe of a macerator but what is it really meant for.
Thanks 20151014_134341.jpg

Its probably used to blank of the inlet on the macerator for a shower or wash basin.

Its probably used to blank of the inlet on the macerator for a shower or wash basin.

The picture is misleading being sideways but as I said it`s been used as a drain off for a vertical pipe but the weight of the water kept pushing it off. It wasn`t needed anyway so I cut it out and reworked the pipe, just wondered what is was or was it bits cobbled together.

32 / 40 mm (or even 50 depending on the scale of the photo) compression coupler with a screwed access plug in the end.
All in solvent would have been more reliable.

FloPlast ABS Access Plug White 40mm Pack of 5 | Solvent Weld Waste | NoLinkingToThis

Universal Compression Waste Straight Couplers 32mm | Compression Waste | NoLinkingToThis

Last edited:
It looked a total mess to me and as I said not required so out it came! But thanks snowhead.

I suspect it was done by someone who's had a bad experience with a Saniflow discharge.

Oh hang on that could be anyone who's worked on one, I know I have.

22mm up then directly connected into 32mm horizontal run, holds a lot of crap, I can assure you.

Not as bad as plunging a Full W.C pan and pushing the rod through the bottom of the pan.

Last edited:
I suspect it was done by someone who's had a bad experience with a Saniflow discharge. Oh hang on that could be anyone who's worked on one, I know I have

One of the worst ever was 22mm vertical through ceiling and then they used a rubber cone to connect that to 32mm on the horizontal, you can guess what happened when the guy finished and flush tested the sani.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can anyone tell me what this is? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have recently moved house.it appears the shower drain has become blocked and there is no inner cup to remove and clean. I believe the waste is a Coral shower part E6704 as in my pictures. My question is does this part unscrew to enable me to pull it out to gain access to clean the waste and...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am planning to build a small half bath in my garage, next to a washing machine, using old showers plumbing. There was a stand-alone shower in the garage which has been removed. Unfortunately the pipes are only 1.5" on that side of the house since there's no bathroom and the house is...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Got a replacement combination boiler, less that 1 year old. Noticed some water from the connection pictured. Can't see what is it from the manuals, possibly a rainwater drain? Was told by the person from Vaillant that it was an A A V (auto air vent), but she didn't sound too certain! Can...
Replies
Views
I've got an issue with the shower tray not being totally flat. As you can see from the photos, it is about 7mm out at one side. It's leaning towards the waste end though. The shower tray is pushed underneath the tiles. My mate did the tiling and I now realise that we should have put the shower...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock