Search the forum,

Discuss Basic question - pex or copper for self build 100 sqm metre in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Basic question - pex or copper for self build 100 sqm metre 2 story house.

It Is a budget build but will form part of a larger house for years to come.

Plan to do some basic plumbing myself, no gas or oil just water pipes.

which is a better option and why.

Thank you

Mlcp or copper for me

Mlcp has a 25 year warranty depending on manufacturers but copper is always best depending on your skill level

I'm old school and prefer copper.

I also recommend you get a quote from a professional for the work before going down the DIY route. For a reasonable sized job it may be less than you expect. I don't know about Ireland, but in the UK you'll need a pro to do the interesting stuff (boiler, unvented hot water, etc.) in any event. Also, if you ever plan to get rid of the place 'DIY plumbing throughout' is not a positive selling-point and may impact the value.

I'm old school and prefer copper.

I also recommend you get a quote from a professional for the work before going down the DIY route. For a reasonable sized job it may be less than you expect. I don't know about Ireland, but in the UK you'll need a pro to do the interesting stuff (boiler, unvented hot water, etc.) in any event. Also, if you ever plan to get rid of the place 'DIY plumbing throughout' is not a positive selling-point and may impact the value.
Thanks! Will get the quotes too and plumbing oversight if I go diy on the basics. Good advice thanks!

Reply to Basic question - pex or copper for self build 100 sqm metre in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I have a question that I’m hoping those of you who are experienced central heating engineers may be abler to throw some light on. But first I need to tell you about my system, and the problem I’ve been having. Just over 7years ago I had a new CH system installed in my small semi. I say new – in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, sorry about the long post but a novice here looking for some advice... I've just bought a 12 bedroom private house with 3 bathrooms that we're turning into a guesthouse. The property was built in the 1970's or so and has an oil fired boiler with a standard copper cylinder. As far as I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Y plan open vent system, boiler 30+ years old, and requires replacement. My plumber is recommending fitting a new Viessmann 11kw System boiler in the current boilers position. The problem is he plans to run two new separate pipes fro the boiler to the hot water cylinder. Once this...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am renovating a small bathroom in an apartment on the 5th floor. Heating is electric, no gas or oil. I have four (related) questions about this below. I had intended to reuse the cold water tank and the cylinder sitting underneath it but my plumber suggested I replace the cylinder as...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock