Search the forum,

Discuss Builder + plumbing = speed fit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

plumb_know

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
image.jpg
Another prime example of people confusing a builder with a plumber, i personally think builders are the worst people at building for example here there is not a clip in sight, maximum notches and holes have been totally ignored and wastes not even been drilled with a fall. The customer has told me that the builder didn't even look at what was being installed before 1st fixing. I personally think speed fit has contributed to the lack of skilled plumbers around as everyone seems to think they are plumbers and general plumbing principles and common sense no longer apply with this magical material. Worst thing is I go to quote and there is another builder in his Nike jumper and scruffy jeans there quoting.

sorry rant over haha, hopefully people will realise one day you get what you pay for. :)

Haha good plastic work ,

Its funny as builders seem to hate plumbers saw that Tommy Walsh on youtube once slatting plumbers . Probably jealous as he can't harness the worlds natural resources .

They'll get some nice warm water through the cold tap............

thats if he gets them the right way round, once last year had hot water piped upto a bog, they couldn't work out why there cylinder was always wanting heat :D

That's a real mess - and for what should be a simple job.
I agree builders are a major contribution to bad workmanship. They pretend they know a lot.
All they want is to take as much other trades work and do it as cheap & quick as they can.
Strangely a lot if customers seem to respect the word of a builder. You can't educate a lot of customers, - even the supposed educated people.

Builder is a rather general term, there are good and bad ones, the bad ones are as bad at building walls as they are at plumbing. A combination of plumbers always being slated on the tv, plastic pipework and other things has changed the opinion of alot of people about the value of a good conscientious plumber.

I find builders who in general do very good neat work, have no interest in the plumbing work being done properly. They also often resent not getting the plumbing contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Builder + plumbing = speed fit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock