Search the forum,

Discuss Brand new toilet leak - flexible connector seal - please help in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

HI

I am trying to connect the new toilet and it's leaking from underneath the flexible connector behind at the bottom of the seal (I'm in the UK).
I tried 3 different flexible connectors (different brands) but small leak was always there.
Removed the toilet bowl now and inspected the outlet.
Noticed that the enamel (glazing) is not smooth around i.e. it finishes just after the outer edge and there are some droplet stains (assume WC bowl quality problem). Then the porcelain is just rough which I suspect may lead to a leak.

Before I go back to the manufacturer I just wanted to have independent opinion.
Photos enclosed.

Do you think the bowl is faulty or can this be fixed/sealed somehow to make it watertight?

Many thanks

Attachments

• IMG_6945.JPG
    IMG_6945.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_6946.JPG
    IMG_6946.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_6947.JPG
    IMG_6947.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6948.JPG
    IMG_6948.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 14
From personal experience I would send it back / take it back as the rough surface will be hard to create a seal between the toilet and the pan connector. Multi Kwik pan connector might work as the have a different materials around the pan than most of the Flexi pan connectors.

HI

Thank you for your responses.

It's Elegant CT brand (UK)

I found a flex connector with the ring on the end which apparently can seal on irregular surface:

MCALPINE WC-F21R FLEXIBLE WC PAN CONNECTOR WHITE 110MM
https://media.NoLinkingToThis/is/image//ae235?src=ae235/8145P_P&$prodImageMedium$

I am thinking of using it now rather than go for another toilet brand. This will save me a lot of hassle as I have cabinet and cistern already fitted and pipes cut to suit this particular toilet.

Thanks

Reply to Brand new toilet leak - flexible connector seal - please help in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock