Search the forum,

Discuss Bosch drills??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Any of you guys use any of the Bosch tools? Or is it mainly Dewalt and Makita.

I have a 110v bosch and a 36v bosch both brilliant drills.

Was looking at 18 volt cordless Professional Bosch combi & impact recently in a large Professional tool supplier, but the guy there told me to avoid them as more DIY & they find some of them coming back after failing. He thinks the corded Bosch is the best you can get though.
I have Hilti stuff now, but also have a Professional Bosch combi 18v which is nice & light but probably not going to last heavy long term use.

bosch make great sds drills both mains and battery and the 10.8v drill driver is really good.

Bosch make good tools but from my experience they can't handle the constant heavy use,
Brilliant for occasional or light use

my bosch 18v nicad only died recently 4 yrs old, the impact driver is still going ok, and i hammer the hell out of them, the lion ones are just as good, no complaints about quality fm me

Have 18v Makita combi kit and 36v Bosch drill/breaker

I have Bosch 110v, 36v SDS, 18v Cordless, 10.8v Drill Driver and 10.8v Impact. All great drills imo

Would someone define constant heavy usage to me, as I cannot picture it in the world of plumbing/gas?

What's with the Dewalt hating?? I'm still running my old Dewalt 18V NiCad XR drill driver and trust me it's had some abuse!!
Cost me about £350 5 years ago and still doesn't miss a beat......also run my 18V Dewalt impact driver off same batteries, no complaints from me, worth every penny!

Got 230V Bosch GBH 2-28 for heavy work and bangs 5" Cores through walls no sweat.

When my Dewalt gear eventually packs up I will be looking at Makita, Milwaukee or Dewalt depending what deals are about at the time, all good quality gear IMO.

Last edited:
Speak to ford.... The spent £56k developing seat that was 3" from pedals and would withstand fully grown rhino for 1 hour doing Zumba fitness

Speak to ford.... The spent £56k developing seat that was 3" from pedals and would withstand fully grown rhino for 1 hour doing Zumba fitness

Yes...true, but Ford didn't take into account nor factor in Croppies bleeding piles. Electrics covered in red crude which causes catastrophic melt down.

Dewalt make very good tools, i replaced by maktia stuff with dewalt last year and am very glad i did.

biggest problem with most tradesmen is expecting too much of these tools. Most small sds drills have a max drill size of say 20-26mm. what that means is they can handle this size once in a while but are designed for holes around 6-16mm day in day out. If you want to drill 26mm holes every day then get a sds max or core drill. Hilti do a good thing by quoting optimum drilling sizes to give the buyer an idea of what drill is most suitable for there needs.

same with cordless drills, some 18v drills are stated as max size in wood 65mm or even higher. Dont matter what make it is if you drill this size alot the drill wont last very long.

Heavy use - croppies van seat

Nowt's that good.

Yes...true, but Ford didn't take into account nor factor in Croppies bleeding piles. Electrics covered in red crude which causes catastrophic melt down.

I've had a week away in Cork dealing with complete wingnuts and now I find this. I'm going to have a beer then wreak my ungodly revenge on you lot........

What's with the Dewalt hating?? I'm still running my old Dewalt 18V NiCad XR drill driver and trust me it's had some abuse!!
Cost me about £350 5 years ago and still doesn't miss a beat......also run my 18V Dewalt impact driver off same batteries, no complaints from me, worth every penny!

Got 230V Bosch GBH 2-28 for heavy work and bangs 5" Cores through walls no sweat.

When my Dewalt gear eventually packs up I will be looking at Makita, Milwaukee or Dewalt depending what deals are about at the time, all good quality gear IMO.

Nowt wrong with Dewalt and their XR Nicads were excellent (besides the weight). They were also the only company to offer Li-on batteries that would retrofit older models. You need a different charger too but it can be done quite cheaply.

18V/3000mAh/LI-ION Power Tools Battery Replacement for DC9180 [*1*5] - £39.99 :

Dewalts are good got the xr tools, drill, impact driver, torch, circular saw and jig saw with 3 4amp batteries and good tool box for storage. Good piece of kit.

Why pay hundreds for top brands ? Over the years I have had so many top brands Hilti, Bosch, AEG, Dewalt, etc. they have all cost a fortune to get them repaired, usually just out of warranty.
Last few years I have paid nothing, but I get a new one within the warranty, not bad for budget price of £49 for SDS Titan from screwfix, & they come with good selection of drills, bits all chucked in for free.
A reasonably tough life used every day, nackered in 11 months, 3 new ones in 3 years for £49 total ! Ha Ha Hey ! I wonder if they will let me have a 4th next year all for the original £49 ?
Also they don`t get nicked like the top brands have been.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a cheap sds drill from screwfix 11 1/2 years ago.
It may well have been Titan, using it and the clutch forgot to cut in, sprained my left wrist and it has never been the same again.
Yes you pay more for branded powertools but I have never been hurt by one.

i saw a boy chucked off a ladder with a titan drill (coring) 1 broken leg one broken arm

the difference is the good tools work properly ive had 24v bosch drills since they came out and recently down graded to a titan after getting my bosch stolen and it is carp does the job but slower and no where near as comfitable to use
people mostly complain about small battery drils after buying the makita or dewalt thats on offer for around a hundred quid from screwfix etc where as the guy who buys the top of range at 350 is usually well happy

Gav split his face on a titan and bent a 28mm drill bit. Still got it and it's been swapped a few times. I just use sds max now

I had a bosch 24v sds a few years back it was shocking but then as Steve said it wasn't the most expensive one it was on offer with a 14v drill driver (what I actually went in for) so I thought why not. It was ok up to 10mm but after that the batteries drained really quick.

I have had 2-3 110v bosch sds they have burnt out eventually but I'm one of those that used them for coring and drilling 30mm holes. Can't fault them really as 3 in 15 years is good going I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bosch drills??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30Si combi boiler, the analog clock has stopped and the On-Timer-Off switch only works on Timer setting,. So I have set all the little timer switches to ON and the boiler does work then. Any help or source for a new clock would be great. TIA
Replies
Views
D
hi everyone a local installer has recently quoted me £3,660 for a complete install using the main eco compact 25kw boiler i have also been waiting for more feedback and reviews of the new worcester bosch 1000 which seems to be getting quite positive initial feedback, and a few criticisms which...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
Hey guys in the know. I have paid for a heating and plumbing contract and had to pay my excess 3 times for the same thing still not fixed. The issue is quite simple to repair not sure why any one of the 2 plumbers could not fix it. Why am I paying for cover. The auto air vents in part of the...
Replies
Views
Grateful for any advice regarding this problem. Flat about to be let and main heat exchanger in Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24i Junior has failed! I can replace with identical model (I think!) but would prefer to use GC2000iW C if possible. Question is, can the 2000 fit directly onto the 24i...
Replies
Views
Hi need some advice on this odd story, I had a Bosch boiler installed just over 2 years ago by Governments home energy scheme. The company passed all checks, provided certs etc. The government/Green scheme sends 2 other gas boiler engineers to double and triple check things and One was Bosch...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock