Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler mate tank grinding noise in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone

Had a new boiler fitted a few years ago all fine.

we have a boiler mate big tank however in the airing cupboard and also a tank on the third upper floor / loft.

the boiler mate however is in the en-suite and is now very frequently making a grinding noise for a few seconds but very loud and waking us up in the night - can’t work out if it’s the timer clock or the pump or something else ?

Any ideas - going to smash it all up in frustration whilst in lockdown with no one able to come and fix ?

Could be a 2 port valve opening, difficult to diagnose without seeing and will depend on your set up... timers/zone valves etc.
Is it a the same time every day, say when the heating kicks in?

Could be a 2 port valve opening, difficult to diagnose without seeing and will depend on your set up... timers/zone valves etc.
Is it a the same time every day, say when the heating kicks in?

it’s more through the evening / night which makes me think it’s when it’s colder and the heating is on/ off to warm the house up.

Reply to Boiler mate tank grinding noise in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
Our boiler has started making a noise on start up and when it kicks in and out engineer says it’s an ignition coil bracket and nothing to worry about but it sometimes gets worse and it went on for few seconds todays (5) like it was stuck and then freed itself and might have been coincidence but...
Replies
Views
Hi Could I ask for some help with a water flow rate problem. I have good mains water pressure on the ground floor. There is no tank in the loft but an unvented cylinder in the upstairs airing cupboard. A gas heat only boiler. Upstairs I have two en suite rooms. One with a shower and one with...
Replies
Views
I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater systems in the house. This boiler was replaced by a combi boiler as it only heats the lounge and master bed and provides hot water to en-suite bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Current setup: Cold water tank, and header tank in loft. Hot water tank in airing cupboard at top of stairs. Power shower (mira event xs) in main bathroom, and same in en-suite. 20 year old Baxi boiler, still going strong. Background: Need to free up as much space in loft for conversion. Enough...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock