Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler kettling / cutting out. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Natill

Hi, I have a problem with my Ideal mini C28 boiler. When running the hot water the boiler kettles, cuts out and restarts. I have cover so called an engineer out, he was struggling to diagnose so went and rang a colleague, he came back and said it must be the PCB circuit board or temperature valve, I asked if it could be the heat exchanger (he tested and said it couldn't be that.). The engineer came back and fitted the 2 parts, unfortunately it was still the same and then decided it was a blocked heater exchange. Which are not covered (blockages aren't covered), and to get a private engineer to sort. Yesterday I tried the boiler again, I Turner the temperature down on the boiler to minimum and it worked without it kettling, I turned the temperature up and it went to just over halfway on the temperature gauge before it kettled. I have turned the temp down to about halfway and is presently working (water temp about acceptable), is this likely to be the heat exchange or could it be something else? I don't think I have a lot of sludge in the system. There are no cold spots in the radiators. Thanks in advance Neil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler kettling / cutting out. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

R
Wb 4000 recently installed, and just balanced the rads with around 16 degree delta across most rads. I'm trying to make sure that the return temperature to the boiler are less than 55 degrees to ensure condensing is occurring. But in the service menu it only shows the primary heat exchanger...
Replies
Views
Return temperature
R
Hi, looking for some advice. We have had an issue with our boiler of late and recently had a 3 port actuator replaced. What’s happening now is when we turn the water and heating on by the control panel the boiler cuts out after a couple of minutes. We opened the valve of the actuator and now...
Replies
Views
A bit of history first. 2 yrs ago visited a grant boiler with boiler and pipework kettling. I added SentX200 noise reducer. It is standard open vented system S plan Also found there was no bypass and this was an external boiler with frost stat so boiler would start with no valves open...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all, I have a viessmann vitoden 100 w boiler and we have had a three hour power cut this afternoon/ evening. The boiler switches on and the temp just goes down and then flashes up 0c. From what I can see this error code means blocked burner? The oven also will not ignite. I have tried to...
Replies
Views
Abbie S
A
WB 4000 installed a few months back, just balanced the 7 rads - managed to get around 15 degrees delta across most rads. Not quite the 20 degrees but still. Flow set to 60 degrees for now. 1.Obviously I want to ensure the return temperature into the boiler is below the 55 ish degrees needed for...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock