Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler help please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Titchy82

I have a Baxi Solo HE boiler which is approximately 2 years old, however the control panel and thermostat are a lot older than that, possible 20+ years.

The problem I'm having is that I cannot control when the boiler comes on with the control panel. Usually we have the heating set to continuous and then control when it comes on with the thermostat. At the moment, it just seems to come on when it wants. Both the hot water and heating switches are on yet the boiler is not firing up, yet in a couple of hours time, it will probably come on.

I've had an electrician look at it and he said that there is no electric going into the boiler, but If that's true how can it periodically work?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

He might of meant theres a fault with the electric going to the boiler i.e loose wire. What did he say to do to fix it? why didn't he fix it if it was wrong?

He said there was no electric coming out of the control panel, but that just doesn't sound right to me because how is it still firing up? We couldn't get the control panel off the wall and tbh he's a mate of mine and didn't want to break anything because he's not a heating engineer and doesn't deal with boilers.

Titchy82 :welcome: --- Not all electricians are familiar or competent with central heating system wiring :) A GSR engineer is more likely to know the problem to be honest.

Could be a diverter not switching to heating only, first thoughts. If you have a cylinder thermostat try turning it up to max plus the roomstat to max and see if the boiler fires and the heating also comes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler help please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi,

Our heating stopped working today. We've got a Veissmann boiler that's under a year old, and an older Megaflow cylinder, and two diverter valves (all about 10 years old). We also use a Hive thermostat.

When I boost the hot water with Hive, the receiver near the boiler shows it's...
Replies
Views
Hi, looking for some advice. We have had an issue with our boiler of late and recently had a 3 port actuator replaced. What’s happening now is when we turn the water and heating on by the control panel the boiler cuts out after a couple of minutes. We opened the valve of the actuator and now...
Replies
Views
I have a "Firebird Envirogreen Condensing Combi Oil Boiler 26kW" a part has went and I can't find it anywhere, I was at every plumbers merchant near me but they all need to ring Firebird who are closed till next week. I wonder if anyone can help me find this part please? It's a pressure sensor...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I currently have an ideal mexico 2 heat only boiler - It has one DAB pump on the boiler return and a 2 port valve at the flow pipe to allow for heating...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock