Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler fault. Gas valve ? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Evening all,

I am the unfortunate owner of a very large gravity fed floor standing gas boiler. A few days ago the boiler decided not to come on when there was demand. The pilot light remained on. After a quick look over and attempted relighting the pilot light went out and would never stay back on.

A new thermocouple was installed by an engineer but the pilot light would still not remain alight. The next step was a new gas valve. The pilot light now works correctly but the boiler will still not fire. There is no gas passing through the solenoid inside the valve to the main burner. The engineer is now stumped and doesn’t know where to go next.

I’ve had a look over the boiler myself, there is 240v coming into boiler, then through the boiler thermostat meaning that is closed circuit and working. Then there is 240v to the gas valve. The pump and two zone valves also work. When you initially power the system the pump and valves open, the gas valve then clicks but still no gas to the main burner.

Any suggestions?

I would agree with Simon G there. If the Engineer is stumped by this, then I would be a bit nervous. You would be better off finding an Engineer with more experience by the sound of it.

Reply to Boiler fault. Gas valve ? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock