Search the forum,

Discuss pig Looking for a Pimp. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cooper.s

Sorry about the title but with all the trainees about, I had to grab everyones attention and stand out somehow!

I am looking for someone who is after a plumbers mate / apprentice /general dog’s body, who can also teach me the tricks of the trade. I attended Colchester Institute college (Essex) over the last few years and passed the City and Guilds 6129 Tech Cert which I couldn't top up with an NVQ as I didn't have the spare grand they wanted.

Although im fairly confident, I believe that I still have a lot more to learn before I can call myself a plumber. I’m over critical when it comes to my own work and abilities, I won’t bash a job out, grab the cash and run! I always take pride in whatever I do, and do it to the very best of my ability,
Im 20 years old so Id like to believe im a bit more reliable and hardworking than a 16yr old, I know plumbing is where I want to be and im at the age I want to make a career out of it. I’ve barely done any work on domestic, 2 days to be exact with involved power flushing, 2 gas certs and a handfull of quotes but i have done 2 years work on a holiday park as the park plumber, I know caravan plumbing is as basic as it gets but thats all ive been able to get so far.

So what im looking for...well someone who is willing to teach me and show me the ropes, and in return I’m more than happy to do all the donkey work, Cleaning up, running backwards and forward to the van for tools, pipes, fittings, making cups of tea (milk 2 sugars?)

Im not expecting to be paid much, I live in the real world and I know that everyones tight as a ducks rear end at the moment, but in my eyes the experiance is worth alot more than the wage.

What yourll get from me... Reliability, dependability, loyalty and a good old hard working lad (I Know which end of the broom to hold and I hold it with both hands when im using it.)

If someone was to give me a chance to prove my worth, please don't think i'm just going to learn what i can from you, then bugger off, because i won't! As i mentioned i'm loyal So i want to reassure everyone that won't happen where i'm concerned.

Sooo... Any of you hardworking plumbers got an opportunity for me?

I'm from Clacton on sea in Essex but I have got a Full UK driving licence, and a little astravan so im willing to travel.

Thanks
Sean

Last edited by a moderator:
Sean, it sounds like a good offer. Only wish I could give you some work. Good luck with it.

Danny

wish i could take you on mate but sadly cant we have the brother in law whos the exact opposite to you

Contact me on private messages and I can give you a lead.

Sean, it sounds like a good offer. Only wish I could give you some work. Good luck with it.

Danny

Thanks Mate.

wish i could take you on mate but sadly cant we have the brother in law whos the exact opposite to you

We are all suckers for family, but thanks for the reply mate, if anything comes up in the future send me a PM.

Contact me on private messages and I can give you a lead.

PM sent.

Thanks for all the replies everyone, Much Appriciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry about the title but with all the trainees about, I had to grab everyones attention and stand out somehow!

I am looking for someone who is after a plumbers mate / apprentice /general dog’s body, who can also teach me the tricks of the trade. I attended Colchester Institute college (Essex) over the last few years and passed the City and Guilds 6129 Tech Cert which I couldn't top up with an NVQ as I didn't have the spare grand they wanted.

Although im fairly confident, I believe that I still have a lot more to learn before I can call myself a plumber. I’m over critical when it comes to my own work and abilities, I won’t bash a job out, grab the cash and run! I always take pride in whatever I do, and do it to the very best of my ability,
Im 20 years old so Id like to believe im a bit more reliable and hardworking than a 16yr old, I know plumbing is where I want to be and im at the age I want to make a career out of it. I’ve barely done any work on domestic, 2 days to be exact with involved power flushing, 2 gas certs and a handfull of quotes but i have done 2 years work on a holiday park as the park plumber, I know caravan plumbing is as basic as it gets but thats all ive been able to get so far.

So what im looking for...well someone who is willing to teach me and show me the ropes, and in return I’m more than happy to do all the donkey work, Cleaning up, running backwards and forward to the van for tools, pipes, fittings, making cups of tea (milk 2 sugars?)

Im not expecting to be paid much, I live in the real world and I know that everyones tight as a ducks rear end at the moment, but in my eyes the experiance is worth alot more than the wage.

What yourll get from me... Reliability, dependability, loyalty and a good old hard working lad (I Know which end of the broom to hold and I hold it with both hands when im using it.)

If someone was to give me a chance to prove my worth, please don't think i'm just going to learn what i can from you, then bugger off, because i won't! As i mentioned i'm loyal So i want to reassure everyone that won't happen where i'm concerned.

Sooo... Any of you hardworking plumbers got an opportunity for me?

I'm from Clacton on sea in Essex but I have got a Full UK driving licence, and a little astravan so im willing to travel.

Thanks
Sean

You know sean you sound like you got your head screwed on the right way mate I'm a bit far away in NI
But I wish you all the best I'm sure you will get sorted out

Saw on tv 'buff builders' - why not get a sex change?

You may find it easier to get work if you improve your 'assets'! Then you could offically advertise like your thread title says. You could even start a business called 'TV plumbers' . . .

Would be quite popular down here in Brighton!

Saw on tv 'buff builders' - why not get a sex change?

You may find it easier to get work if you improve your 'assets'! Then you could offically advertise like your thread title says. You could even start a business called 'TV plumbers' . . .

Would be quite popular down here in Brighton!

Hmmm I get the feeling that theres a few plumbers out there that wouldn't mind a female trainee lol but as much as im open to do pretty much anything, thats probally the line at the moment...

Lol! You titled the thread "pig looking for a Pimp" so maybe you want to, deep down....

and then next years appentice of the year is.......................

The entrants are:

'Shemale Plumbing Services'

'Ladyboy Plumbing and Heating'

'Chicks-With-Ball-Cocks'!!!!!!

My favorite is the last!

Sean - just giving you a little idea of the kind of humour (mainly directed at you!) you will have to put up with as a trainee plumber!

Sean - just giving you a little idea of the kind of humour (mainly directed at you!) you will have to put up with as a trainee plumber!
Im fully aware of that lol its part of the trainee job descrisption aint it? lol...

Back on to subject thou, im going to be sending my CV to all the local plumbers again... now do I use my first post as a covering letter obviously changed about a little bit or is that a bit to formal? I hate CVs, I dont feel like im very good at them, I can work alot harder and perform alot better than i can write a CV, and besides, they are a postcard from the past, they tell people what ive done not what I can do, and if I was to list everything I can do I'll have a 10page long CV that no1 will read because no1 likes reading CV's.

And while im on CV's ive got a question to all you real world plumbers... can a bloke sound too good and desperate in a CV? Do plumbers prefere the basic, Im Sean I done the 6129 course, I like golf and Ive worked here here and here? or do you want the whole, determined indivual with an ethusiastic approach bla bla bla...

Or do I be different and Combine a covering letter with a CV?

Maybe better to send a 1 page letter, listing your skills as well. Keep it short or no one will read it!

I get letters through every month - most go in the bin when I see they are asking for work! That is is my situation however . . . Most plumber will not be asred to read a cv though - maybe offer one in your letter - and do a follow up call to check the situation. Keep the CV to a couple of pages only.

I started like this. not so many years ago - and had no luck at all. I had to bite the bullet, gather my 'kahonas' and launch myself bravely into self employment. You may have no other choice in the present climate. Many of the guys approaching me now with the 6129 are offering to work for free!!!

Good luck with whatever you do anyhoo!

Get a list of alot of plumbers addresses. Go and knock on all the doors and say I need to work for free. If no joy ask can you call back in a couple of weeks, don't say next week that's too early. Say things like "don't mean to keep bugging you but you know what its like if you don't ask you don't get"

Kind of started to give up with plumbing but honestly can't find another job I'd enjoy as much so I'm sticking with my guns and i am going to sit it out until I make it as a plumber, so anyone willing to train me will be rewarded with the hardest working plumbers mate on the Market
Thanks again
Sean

It's tempting VERY but I've only got basic tools, no van anymore as insurance company wanted £1500 to change my address for the last 4 months of my policy so I had to revert back to a car and I've got no money for advertising etc

I work out of a car as I can't afford van insurance. Nothing to it. Your first jobs will only be small anyways. Biggest thing you'll get is a bathroom and even then you can get the stuff delivered on site. 3m lengths of pipe aren't half as big when you chop them in two. Get on it! Also don't take on any jobs you don't think you can do.

Just a bit scary lol big wide world of self employment lol but the reason I did the course was so one day I could work for myself. I think if I don't get any luck anytime soon I'll go for it what's the worst that can happen

Yeah it feels big but you will get regular customers who want you to maintain their plumbing work because your cheap enthusiastic and good (most importantly). If you get 12 customers and 2 jobs a month off either one thats all the people you'll have to deal with. Also I would tell them you do general work as well as painting plasterboarding and bits of joinery that way there is always something to do. If you dont do any of that if you have a friend offer to work for free with him and learn or offer a tradesman doesnt matter if he's a plumber you will need to learn to plasterboard anyway. I learnt it off working with a joiner.

Ive done a few days labouring with a few plasterers as my aim is to specializing in complete bathroom refurbs inc plastering and tiling and im a dab hand with most diy stuff so that shouldn't be a problem.

Im doing a day with my mate on monday, gonna see if he will let me tag along everyday for a few months so i can get the feel for it and then gna grow a pair and go on me own hopefully. Wish me luck! lol

Sounds like your doing the right thing. If someone wants a bathroom installing they will generally ask for a bathroom installer not a plumber anyway and its satisfying work generally. Can be a pain if the walls are really squint but it's something you gotta check before you give your quote.

start with small jobs only, working from your car, build it up from there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pig Looking for a Pimp. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock