Search the forum,

Discuss Biasi riva advanced HE 32 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chriss0000

Hi to all
This is my first post on the site so hope this is in the right place.
need some help with a problem on the above combi, for about a week I have been having a problem where the boiler will only start when I loosen the screw on the front of the pump today it has stopped working alltogether I have done some checking with a Meter and voltage is present at the pump.
the pump is not siezed and rotates freely should I replace the pump or should I do some more checks else where

if there is voltage to the pump and its not rotating then its the pump.if pump is rotating look elsewhere

ant

Hi Chris and :welcome; to the forum ... It could be possible that your pump is running slow! What are the problems you are having?

HI Diamondgas
Thanks for the welcome. started off with a temp probe going faulty changed this and then the boiler stopped working all together I then had a look around and while I was looking noticed that the pump was quite so started removing the screw at the front of the pump to see if it was running and it kicked in so thats how its been for a week but its stopped working all together now so got the meter out and started checking voltages came to the conclusion that the pumps u/s the boiler is also showing the warning lights for no water flow

That makes sense Chris... If the pump is slowing down then it may well overheat! then when it stops all together the fault will show no water flow! How old is the boiler? You may consider getting the system flushed if it isn't that old others wise you could be in for an expensive life of the boiler! IMO :)

Boilers coming up to three years old, systems clean got a magna clean fitted about 12 months ago and had the system flushed then it was also cleaned out when the boiler was fitted so not to bad, this is the first problem I have had so not done to bad compared to some other people with the same boiler.Will replace the pump and see how things go from there

Boilers coming up to three years old, systems clean got a magna clean fitted about 12 months ago and had the system flushed then it was also cleaned out when the boiler was fitted so not to bad, this is the first problem I have had so not done to bad compared to some other people with the same boiler.Will replace the pump and see how things go from there

Most likely a legacy from before the flush and magna Chris ... If it is down to the pump slowing down. .... End of day if theres power to it but it ain't spinning then it's not a happy chappy :)

Cheers for the advice and chat just wanted to make sure I was on the right track, ok with electrics and pcbs etc but Its always best to check what the people that deal with this sort of stuff on a day to day basis as they know better than myself who only deals with this sort of stuff every few years or so Thanks again

Quick update regarding the boiler , replaced the pump and all seems to be running ok now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Biasi riva advanced HE 32 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

R
Hi, I have boiler Vaillant VUW SOE 242_2-3 R2 (it's TurboBlock Pro). Does somebody have service manual / maintenance PDF where can I get some additional informations? Here's my problem: I'm not sure at what bar should I pump the chaimber (pre-charge pressure at bars). When I turn on the hot...
Replies
Views
Revlyne
R
J
Hi everyone, I've got an old biasi M90E28S boiler. A year ago the fan broke down, once I replaced it boiler started working again. This time the won't start at all, I measured the supply voltage to the fan and it hovers around 80v when it's off and don't change when I'm turning it on. Any ideas...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On further inspection I discovered that water was coming from boiler cupboard. On looking in boiler cupboard I found boiler has started leaking water...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced annually, October time) providing hot water to the CH system which is split into 3 zones (Honeywell 2-way valves) and it also heats the HW tank (Tribune...
Replies
Views
Hope someone can offer some help with this issue, I have a Baxi 105e works fine no real downside, serviced looked after regularly. Have an issue with hot water, open hot water taps runs cold and indicates on boiler 60degrees or pump or pressure problem. Leave it ten seconds open taps again low...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock