Search the forum,

Discuss Best open vent boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a couple of quotes so far and been given a variety of choices that I'm looking through but is there a stand out choice?

One installer recommended a WB because pipework can be hung below the boiler and that would considerably ease the installation given the limited location, are WB the only OV boiler manufacturer that provide this because I'm quite drawn to Viessman or Intergas for their heat exchange warranties.

Many Thanks

10 years on Worcester heat exchanger... If you have limited location space then the intergas is probs too big, there normally the size of washing machine ;)

Viessmann for me every time over WB, but being honest I dont know much about the intergas

another vote for viessmann

Worcester get my vote 10 year on the heat cell. and excellent customer service. plus the cell is alu and has bigger water ways. Which imo is a must on a OV system. just my 2p worth though. its personal preference

Hi I have worked on many boilers and I feel that the intergas is best designed heat exchanger,at some stage depending on heating systems the boiler may need to be cleaned out,depends if cleaned properly. The trouble with drum style heat exchangers (vaillant/baxis) the debris sit in the base and to clean is very hit and miss as its like micro bore pipe--the viessmann is bigger water ways but still has problem and takes a lot of fernox ds40 to get rid of muck.
The Ali heat exchangers (Worcester/logics) struggle and fail after a while
The intergas is 20mm pipe and and is copper pipe with Ali casting so doesn't get affected. I like the intergas range simple and very good in performance. That's just my opinion
Hope this helps

Worcester get my vote 10 year on the heat cell. and excellent customer service. plus the cell is alu and has bigger water ways. Which imo is a must on a OV system. just my 2p worth though. its personal preference

quite interested in your opinion of it being aluminium being better than say stainless?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best open vent boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

WB 4000 installed a few months back, just balanced the 7 rads - managed to get around 15 degrees delta across most rads. Not quite the 20 degrees but still. Flow set to 60 degrees for now. 1.Obviously I want to ensure the return temperature into the boiler is below the 55 ish degrees needed for...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler. Initially we thought the boiler may stay in place but after discussions with the builder we would have to move the boiler to replace the floor and...
Replies
Views
P
Looking for some help here - not my boiler, so consider me a proxy. I'm also by no means a heating engineer: I'm just looking for pointers, as the owner of this boiler is now caught firmly between "not us", "not us" and "not us" - nobody will take responsibility, and just calls into question...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Evening Hopefully you're not sick of this type of question! I've had a few quotes for a boiler upgrade (going from a regular boiler (~15 yrs old, on its last legs) to a combi) - all recommending different brand/model of boiler, and all company's are saying that their recommendation is the best...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
Heating System Have 2 houses where identical Heating systems installed (self & neighbour) In Dec both Baxi boilers were replaced with Viessmann Vittodens 30W due to ageing reliability issue. System is as per drawing Hot Water Draw off Thermal Store operates by the process that as DHW is drawn...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock