Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Megaflo Vs Baxi Ecoblue? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Guys,

Making a choice between buying Baxi Megaflow 32KW System or Baxi EcoBlue 32KW System.

Will be supplying Megaflo 210L cylinder.

Baxi themselves don't seem to be able to give any answer on the differences other than one has an LCD screen, the other is just LED screen with turn knobs.

What would you experts recommend or advise? Not looking for persuasion on other brand as can get discount on Baxi. What's the difference!

Thanks in advance.

Either will do the job fine Chris the megaflow 32kw has the stainless steel heat exchanger and the eco blue 32kw is the next generation of boilers with the aluminium heat exchanger I fitted both and as I said each will do the job. Kop

Either will do the job fine Chris the megaflow 32kw has the stainless steel heat exchanger and the eco blue 32kw is the next generation of boilers with the aluminium heat exchanger I fitted both and as I said each will do the job. Kop
I haven't installed many baxi's, but their website claims the mega flow system boiler is perfect for households with high hot water usage. Do you know why they would claim that?

That’s brilliant, thanks for help... would you have a preference over the two on which was “better”.
The EcoBlue looks cheaper in its design but also a more newer model with its LCD display which reviews advise difficult to use and fault find.
Mega flow appears to have been around longer and originally built to accompany “megaflo” type cylinders.

Tech data looks near comparible across the two which isn’t helpful and response from Baxi no help.

Stainless steel or aluminium HX... would you have a preference over the two?

Appreciate advise thank you

Yes but unless it’s correctly set up you’ll never get the proper efficiency benefits of condensing

Many of rads are doubles and quite a few double tall radiators with high output.
Also want to ensure quick heat recovery in the cylinder when CH turned on?
Any issues with a oversized boiler.
Surely better for future proofing and ensuring max outputs achieved on rads?
I maybe jumped to conclusions while replying to that, and without knowing the size of the radiators in the system that was a little stupid of me so I apologise.

I will give you an example though. We've just finished a new build which has a 210ltr unvented cylinder, around 90 - 100 sqm of underfloor heating and 13 radiators upstairs. This system is ran of a 24kw ecoblue and the system runs sweet and has room for expansion in the future if necessary. I recommend you get your system sized correctly before you spend excess money on a boiler you don't need.

I maybe jumped to conclusions while replying to that, and without knowing the size of the radiators in the system that was a little stupid of me so I apologise.
No problem, thanks anyway very helpful. The previous was a 28kw and have now added 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms so working on a considerable increase hence the 32kw selection. Will work out all outputs of rads and get it sized correctly.
Many thanks

Baxi megaflow 32kw would be a good choice I like the stainless heat exchangers this boiler was designed to supply the primary heated water for a megaflow cylinder and heat for the radiators . Kop

Baxi megaflow 32kw would be a good choice I like the stainless heat exchangers this boiler was designed to supply the primary heated water for a megaflow cylinder and heat for the radiators . Kop
Decided on the Megaflo based on your two replies… Thanks very much king of pipes.
Reading about some of the issues with aluminium heat exchangers against stainless steel, its a no brainer (to me anyway).
Also the megaflo being primarily designed for unvented cylinders when they started to become popular etc.

Cheers

Reply to Baxi Megaflo Vs Baxi Ecoblue? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock