Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi inovia 30c no hot water in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0167

Gas Engineer
Hi guys any of you lot familiar with these ,

Not firing for hot water at all doesn't even try, had the call brought a hot water flow sensor as it was only pennies saved going back to merchants , no joy ... heating works fine.

Can some one explain to me how the sensor works ( on a blue tab right hand side inlet manifold) I removed what they called a flow switch this is just a white flow regulator as far as I can see with a filter nothing in there and all clean

Any help or info would be appreciated

Thanks

Matt
[automerge]1574283320[/automerge]
Hi guys any of you lot familiar with these ,

Not firing for hot water at all doesn't even try, had the call brought a hot water flow sensor as it was only pennies saved going back to merchants , no joy . heating works fine.

Can some one explain to me how the sensor works ( on a blue tab right hand side inlet manifold) I removed what they called a flow switch this is just a white flow regulator as far as I can see with a filter nothing in there and all clean

Any help or info would be appreciated

Thanks

Matt

Attachments

• 15742834289301725705728010521000.jpg
    15742834289301725705728010521000.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 15
I’m guessing it goes off rotational part 13 so if no fire on when you replaced 14 replace 13 should be good then

Thanks shaun that's my plan tomorrow ,

Just interested to know how 13 works as the description says magnetic flow switch filter

I didn't see any magnetic piece inside that moves or any switching moving part ?? Just looked like a filter and had a flow regulator inside

Thanks shaun that's my plan tomorrow ,

Just interested to know how 13 works as the description says magnetic flow switch filter

I didn't see any magnetic piece inside that moves or any switching moving part ?? Just looked like a filter and had a flow regulator inside

Same principle as the logic flow sensor

Spinning magnet and the sensor externally

Just a quick update to let you know I stripped down item 13 , (magnetic flow switch filter) inside there is a flow restrictor that doubles up as switch

Pulled it out and blew down it as if there was water flowing through it , nothing happened give it a quick tap and a clean and hey presto there is section inside that spins, All working fine.

Hope this helps someone else

Reply to Baxi inovia 30c no hot water in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All, I wonder if you can help me? I have intermittent hot water low flow from all taps in my 4 bedroom house upstairs and downstairs. I can sometimes recover the usual water pressure by turning the hot and cold water taps on and off which seems very strange to me. There is no problem...
Replies
Views
Do people with this type of mixed flow temperature control have any problems with achieving the required manifold flow temperature? The one below I think is similar to the TIO Mixing unit. In the unit below, the hot (boiler) water enters from the bottom left, red arrow, up through the "mixing...
Replies
Views
G
I've just bought a 3-floor house with a gas boiler on the ground floor and hot water tank on the middle floor. When I switch on the hot water at the timer panel, it works but it also heats up all the radiators above ground floor. I have to close them individually to stop this. The rads aren't...
Replies
Views
Hi all, just moved a radiator from one wall to another, straight forward job, heating is working, problem is that on turning on a hot water tap the water coming out is heating water ( Fernox smell)and the boiler pressure drops quite quickly. Baxi Platinum 28HE. Any help or ideas please
Replies
Views
So a strange conundrum regarding water temp if anyone can help resolve, would be much appreciated. Ive tried to give as much info as possible to give a full picture but let me know if ive missed anything. I have a Baxi Avanta 25h heat only boiler. Works fine. Unvented 300ltr megaflow. Stated...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock