Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Duo Tec 28 HE A Intermittent Noisy in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

This boiler has had this fault for over two years. Many engineers have been but never when at fault. Many parts have been changed. When at fault it is generally when the outside temperature is very cold. The boiler is noisy and and never manages to raise the temperature high enough for hot water or heating. It did fault this morning, this time the it lit went off and lit again. There has never been a fault code. Please look at the videos. All comments very welcome.

See here for today's
A month ago

Baxi spent 2 years on visits under insurance and couldn't fix it. They changed most major parts. Eventually they gave back two years of insurance money, it's no longer covered and it's only 5 years old.

I hope you have kept all the details and documentation from Baxi over this.
You should be able to go to some sort of 'Consumer Affairs' organisation with the evidence and Baxi will be toast.

You can't sell a product, repair it continually under warranty or insurance and then return the money spent and walk away from your product and cancel the warranty on your product.
If this is the case, Baxi have admitted the boiler is a 'lemon' and have withdrawn themselves from their responsibilities to you and left you with a problem boiler - to fix at your expense.

I would send a letter to the Head of Baxi, if it were me

I hope you have kept all the details and documentation from Baxi over this.
You should be able to go to some sort of 'Consumer Affairs' organisation with the evidence and Baxi will be toast.

You can't sell a product, repair it continually under warranty or insurance and then return the money spent and walk away from your product and cancel the warranty on your product.
If this is the case, Baxi have admitted the boiler is a 'lemon' and have withdrawn themselves from their responsibilities to you and left you with a problem boiler - to fix at your expense.

I would send a letter to the Head of Baxi, if it were me
Baxi did refund 2 years worth of insurance £300. We should read the small print, Baxi said that if the fault had been reported once in every two months they would have paid half the cost of a new boiler.

baxi have a 5yr g.tee no fee for that time, so why did you pay for insurance? if they could not fix it, under g.tee they will and do replace boiler f o c

I have come to the conclusion (because it only plays up when it's extremely cold) that the problem is caused by the temperature of the cold water entering the boiler. The gas meter and governor, the flow switch have been changed and the condensate waste has been checked. The heating works fine. Any ideas as to what in the boiler is playing up under these conditions.

with out beening there to look and play arround with it its hard to really know, fauly n t c on dhw, also looking at your setting the ch.
setting is only at 50d approx and dhw at approx same .

Reply to Baxi Duo Tec 28 HE A Intermittent Noisy in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock