Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Bermuda inset 3 boiler 50/5 PCB problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I wonder if any other engineers have come across this problem?
I was called to a break down on a Baxi Bermuda inset back boiler, the red light was on and would not reset, so I replaced the PCB. The boiler worked for 24 hours and then stopped, this time no lights on the boiler and it would not reset.. Checked power to the PCB 240, so it seems like the new board could be at fault.. Question ? could something of caused the new board to go faulty or does it sound like a faulty board?
Really would appreciate some help on this... Thank you so much in advance.

Last edited:
Hi, yes I am, been in the industry for the last 30 years, do you have any idea's to the above problem?

Something wrong with the properties electrical supply? Flickering lights etc?
Did you test live and neutral for reverse polarity? Short circuit? Resistance to Earth?

I did ask the customer if they had any power cuts or electrical problems and she said no.. Also checked live and neutral and live and Earth all seemed fine.. With the new PCB the boiler ran for 24 hrs and then just dead.. So I am thinking either a faulty board or is it possible something like the Gas valve has taken the board? but would be unusual for it to run at all. Just don't want to put another PCB and the same thing happens.

Something Is frying the board. Check board for signs of corrosion damage or calsificstion.
Check resistance values across the coils of anything that plugs into board. The gas valve resistance for instance and compare with manafacterer values.
As cost is likely to be escalating. RIP out and put new boiler in?

Thanks for your help Dan, I am going to try another board and take it from there, will let you know how I go.

I've had an issue with the supply cable being burnt through/broken where it ran in a metal duct in the casing, blowing fuses.
Another where a faulty overheat stat was causing the boiler not to operate. I'd say its less likely to be the board. Good luck.

Hi just an update, I fitted a new PCB about 5 days ago and so far all seems to be fine, I am still dreading the customer's phone call thou. This has happened to me a few times over the years with PCB's and then you start question if it is a PCB problem.. Thanks for everyone's input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Bermuda inset 3 boiler 50/5 PCB problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock