Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi 80Eco problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mark15

Looking for a bit of advise / help, Baxi 80 Eco been fitted now for about 4 years with no problems until about 2 months ago, now when running the hot water or having a shower the radiators are also now getting hot, the longer the shower the hotter they are getting, pressure is about 1.5, any advise. Thank you.

The diverter valve requires servicing as sounds like it is letting by,you will require a competent boiler repairer to do this

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the hot water temperature flucuate

No the hot water tends to stay at the same temperature, but it does not get very hot like it used to, guessing this is because it's heating up the rads at the same time.

The diverter valve requires servicing as sounds like it is letting by,you will require a competent boiler repairer to do this

imho

Hi, when you say servicing to you mean a new diaphragm ???, I have priced a new diverter valve up at about ÂŁ60 how difficult would this be to fit, I am quiet competent at DIY.

not a DIY job

Thanks for the quick reply, just looked at the installation manual and then took off the front cover of the boiler, seems a straight forward job,drain circuit, micro switch off (small screw and remove) 2 small bore pipes to unscrew and then 2 grub screws and remove / replace.

Only use a Gas Safe registered engineer to fit, fix or service your gas appliances, including your:
  • gas boiler
  • gas fire, gas cooker or hob
  • central heating system, radiators or your hot water system, if they are connected to either a Natural Gas or LPG (liquefied petroleum gas) supply

Probably not that part thats the problem anyway, it sounds like its the diverter manifold is sticky

Just a follow up in case anyone else might experience this problem, brand new diverter valve fitted and problem still exists, so am going to take out boiler cover with Homeserve and give them a ring in about 2 months time to report the problem. P.S thanks for the reply's.

why not just get an engineer out to fix it ???

Phoned the plumber who fitted the boiler explained the problem and the advise I got from here and he thought it could be the diverter valve, quoted ÂŁ95 for the valve and ÂŁ45 for fitting it, new valve fitted and still the same. Rather pay ÂŁ11.05 a month and phone them out to repair free under the boiler cover (After 1 month membership).

Phoned the plumber who fitted the boiler explained the problem and the advise I got from here and he thought it could be the diverter valve, quoted ÂŁ95 for the valve and ÂŁ45 for fitting it, new valve fitted and still the same. Rather pay ÂŁ11.05 a month and phone them out to repair free under the boiler cover (After 1 month membership).

ARE YOU FUC***G SERIOUS!!!

1. i cant believe people continue to offer you advice when your obv working on your boiler illegaly and dangerously! and then you come on here telling us your going to con a insurance scheme to get it repaired!!

people like you call watchdog when a engineer marks a part up, people are here to make a living and are not your friend!

you are no the the type of customer i would work for!

im sorry but plenty of plumbers on here struggle to make ends meat, and people like you boil my ****!!

JOKER!

ARE YOU FUC***G SERIOUS!!!

1. i cant believe people continue to offer you advice when your obv working on your boiler illegaly and dangerously! and then you come on here telling us your going to con a insurance scheme to get it repaired!!

people like you call watchdog when a engineer marks a part up, people are here to make a living and are not your friend!

you are no the the type of customer i would work for!

im sorry but plenty of plumbers on here struggle to make ends meat, and people like you boil my ****!!

JOKER!

OK, I will ring the plumber back to see what other part he would like to change / charge me for with no results, to quote you "plumbers on here struggle to make ends meat" (I think you mean meet) what do you suggest, get ripped again ??, I think you are close to me, you are in telford ???, give me a quote to fix. Thank you.

"JOKER" no, but I do enjoy Fawlty Towers.

i apologise if you paid for someone to change the part! i thought from reading your posts you had atempted the fix yourself!

were abouts are you based? now my 2p on the fault, is possibly blocked heat exchanger? but did you have diverter valve changed including the motor that moves it or not? and what did he charge to change diverter valve and how did he manage to get you to pay when fault wasnt repaired, i dont charge until customer is happy etc,,

and if you were just watching watchdog that dude on there was a rip off merchant ÂŁ1400 for a diverter and motor!

Last edited:
i apologise if you paid for someone to change the part! i thought from reading your posts you had atempted the fix yourself!

Yes at the start I was intending to attempt repair myself until I was informed this was illegal, think over the years I have been lucky with my boilers, reason been I asked is about 20 years ago I had a Trianco coal boiler and when lighting it with sticks I set fire to the wiring and repaired it myself, then about 10 years ago I had a problem with my Glow worm boiler, went to B&Q and had a word with the B&Q plumber and he told me the thought it was the thermal coupling,told me how to fit it and sold it to me for I think about ÂŁ8, was that illegal 10 years ago, I don't know. I only now know that I am not allowed no to do any repairs on my boiler down to this forum. I think my best bet is to now take out boiler cover.

Just to update in case anyone else encounters this problem it was the valve assemble that needed replacing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi 80Eco problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I had a new bathroom fitted about 4 months ago and all was fine until about a week ago. But now when I turn the lever to run the rain head there is a 30s delay until water starts coming out , very slowly then builds up to the flow I would expect. ( I can hear water running and filling up...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I had a wet room fitted just over a year ago using a local authority grant. Builder was employed by local authority. I had no say in who carried out the work. I have called the builder out under the guarantee several times for water leaks. The shower...
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that heats on controlled load over night. The large tank is in roof space of 60s built villa unit. Every few mornings, no hot water will come out of...
Replies
Views
I need some advice please. My Baxi boiler went recently faulty. A Baxi engineer came and fixed it in 10 minutes, he said that the ignition lead was connected incorrectly. He said that although the boiler was working, it was struggling until it failed. The boiler was serviced 2 months ago by a...
Replies
Views
Hi I've been to a customer today that has a 9 year old baxi duo tec40kw boiler,it runs 20 radiator that all work fine,they have 2 bathrooms and 1 electric shower and again have no issues with hot water.Over the last 4 years baxi have repaired the boiler on 8 occasions, with faults on gas valve...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock