Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom Rad Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zoom

Hello - first timer here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I've just installed a replacement towel radiator. Upon installation, the rad heated up fine, but then cooled and since then (2 days ago) there is no hot water reaching the rad.

1. There are 4 rads in the property, (including the replacement)
2. Running off an Alpha combi boiler (pressure gauge set to '1')
3l. The towel rad is full of water.
4. The previous towel rad was removed about 6 months ago (so pipework was isolated)

All the pipes in the property are on the outside of the walls and interestingly both pipes AFTER the last radiator (prior to the towel radiator) are only hot for approx. 6 inches further along the loop towards the towel rad. So obviously the hot water isn't reaching the towel radiator, (although it did when I first connected it) but I don't know why. The other 3 rads in the property work fine with no air in the rads.

Some thoughts I had were:

Blockage in the system.

Problem with pressure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Check the lockshield valve is open.

If it is close off the other rads. If it is air it should move it.

If that doesn't work it could be worth looking at the pump and seeing if it makes a difference by turning it up. I'd do the lockshield bits described above first though as this is more likely to cure the problem.

Sounds like air stuck in the return pipe, turn off the other rads and blast through the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bathroom Rad Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have just moved into a late 1990s new-build house with a small bore (about 1/2" OD pipes) gas fired boiler central heating system. All the normal radiators get hot but two of the three towel heater/radiators don't get hot and the pipes feeding them are cool to the touch even after the boiler...
Replies
Views
I'm going to have my bathroom renovated and that includes changing my rusty old rad for a towel rail. I wanna cut down the costs as much as possible so there's things I want to do myself. In order to change the rad I'll have to turn off the lock shields then slowly drain the rad. The thing is...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
Hi, I have a combi-boiler system and while I did some plumbing many years ago I have never fitted a combi-boiler and am confused by this problem . I removed a radiator on the upper floor of my house to clean and paint the wall behind it, when removing it I shut down the lockshield and packed the...
Replies
Views
Allan 1234
A
  • Question
Hi all, thanks for adding me. My Veissmann v50 combi gas boiler has recently started to supply only lukewarm water to the bathroom above it. This is about 3 metres away, so quite a short pipe run. It supplies hot water fine to the kitchen taps, which are about 1 metre away. It also supplies very...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just a query about what size in KW gas combi boiler do I need for a top floor flat (3rd floor). I have a Vokera Easi heat plus (20kW) gas combi boiler and it does the job, the radiators never go as hot as the should for example there are ten dots on the heat dial but the radiators...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock