Search the forum,

Discuss Badly fitted showers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Derek61

Hi,
Last week I purchased two shower pods on the internet from the sales manager of a gas registered company. The seller said they would come from Wolverhampton to Scotland to fit the showers. 3 guys arrived late afternoon and left the following day at 2am the next morning, charging twice the price to fit as it took them must longer than expected. I'm no plumber but they didn't seem to have much idea what they were doing. We tried the showers the following day - one leaks and the other has no hot water. A local plumber has looked at the second shower and has said that the pod is of an inferior quality and trading standards would condem the work. Have contacted the seller who says that all plumbers critise each others work. He has offered to refund us £200 to have a pump fitted but the local plumber seems dubious that this will work in the flat. We don't know whether to pay out more money to have the pod removed and check all the plumbing and then to have the pump fitted when this is an inferior product, or whether to just have it removed and write it off as an expensive mistake. We paid part of the money in cheque to the gas registered company but have had no guarantees yet. We also forgot to get a receipt before they left - we were so tired! We would really, really appreciate some impartial advice on what to do next.
Many thanks:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Badly fitted showers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot water tank, not sure of the size in liters but its about 1600mm tall. The tank is around 3 years old now and was amazing when it was first installed. Around a year ago we had a problem with water dripping from the overflow pipe outside and we ended...
Replies
Views
Low hot water pressure Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone is able to shed some light on my situation before I have to call out the professionals. We've been in our house for over 3 years now, when we moved in the hot water pressure was pretty good (confirmed by a retired plumber family friend)...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced annually, October time) providing hot water to the CH system which is split into 3 zones (Honeywell 2-way valves) and it also heats the HW tank (Tribune...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a hot water cylinder which feeds 3 outlets (kitchen sink, basin in bathroom & bathtap) which has never had very good pressure (probably because of the set-up) but last year got so feeble that a guy suggested fitting a pump alongside the cylinder. This can work fine but then all of a...
Replies
Views
A
Hey, here goes and I hope it works.. never used one of these before! I have a Sagittarius Ergo mixer shower min bar of pressure required 1 bar. Connect to this is a 1.5 bar Ora Salamander pump for a positive head, this was connected by a plumber of course and we’ve had it all rigged up...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock