Search the forum,

Discuss Atag or Viessmann boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking at either an Atag or Viessmann boiler, just wonder if anyone has has experience of either of them for an opinion.

The Atag is the Q series, which I know doesn't come with any isolation valves or expansion vessel and is also a volt free connecting boiler. It also has an inbuilt 3 port valve. This also has no control that you can buy so I was told by ATAG that you would have to use some third party controller.

The second was the Viessmann Vitodens 200-W or the 300-W, the 200 is just the standard one sold here with the being the 4 pipe boiler, and the standard HO1B controller.

The 300W modulates lower and comes with the HO2B touchscreen colour controller and also has the matrix burner.

Haven't quite worked out the additional items for costs, but still toying with which one to go for.

It's for a replacement of a combi and going to a system boiler with a twin coil cylinder and a couple of rooms with underfloor heating.

Comments and thoughts gratefully received.

Its no secret I love viessmanns, the v 200 is the dogs, I heard they are going touch screen in the forceable if that floats your boat . Personally you dont need that but weather comp is a must on these .

For sure weather comp is a no brainer for me I will be getting that regardless of make and model.

I am leaning heavily towards the Viessmann but the 300-W model as opposed to the 200-W.

This is where you may be able to settle my mind - apart from the colour display which is neither here or their for that matter - the 300-W fundamentally modulates at a lower range, 4Kw to 26 of 35 depending on the one you get.

This is better for underfloor heating rather than the 200 which is higher around 8KW.

Yes know what you mean on the modulation but , imo with the weather comp set on its lowest curve it will control it anyway.
I have a 200 , solar etc, i cant believe how warm i can get the house set on the current curve .
Just be careful with your ufh and your 200 , the kit to fit is the submounting one that fits directly to the bottom of the boiler , this is assuming you have room, if not the other available unit is a remote one thats fits virtually anywhere but ...... Its about £1200 quid gulp.

That in mind I haven't actually seen any other difference then between the 300 and the 200, although the 300 is around £300 when it comes down to it.

I do like the Atags, well built. not very familiar with viessman.

The great thing on viessmann is you will use 98% of the burning fuel which you use for example gas.
Furthermore the the boiler works so quiet as they have got a special impeller
Including a dope colour touch screen which looks amazing ( 5" which is diagonal almost 13 cm )
It visualise energies which you use
You can set up boiler via an app
Stainless steal plate heat exchanger

You can't expect much more
Servicing is very easy and fast as you have an easy access to all components.

I fitted 2 of them already and I am amazed by viessmann they getting better and better.

Also a great room stat you can install is the nest one which is quite expensive but a great choice

You can also set and change anything you like via phone.

[video]https://store.nest.com/uk/product/thermostat/?utm_campaign=product-listing-ad&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=T200377&gclid=CjwKEAjwpaqvBRCxzIGoxs6v2TkSJADel-MI0JLsl4wzT30lVPZEGo14RyUxl39TxJvURPsvu967lBoCLvXw _wcB[/video]

Matchless, you defiantly don't fit a room stat to a viessmann 200 with weather comp, and fitting a 200 without one, is just unheard of lol

No the 200 would come with a HO1B, the 300 would come with a HO2B, you can see it at tinyurl.com/nfj59oz

and should have added..you don't need any external controller for the system only either one of these two devices.

Last edited:
Matchless, you defiantly don't fit a room stat to a viessmann 200 with weather comp, and fitting a 200 without one, is just unheard of lol

I know that I just mentioned it that the nest is a great room stat for differen type of boilers viessmann has their own products which I wouldn't mix up

Did a 30 kw combi standard flue, weather comp , controller, week before last, think around £1400 inc vat

Ok for example based on the 26Kw the 200-W is around £900+vat no controller or anything.
HO1B controllers are around £185+vat, total £1302 including VAT.

In comparison the 300-W 26KW is around £1750 (no VAT) including the controller HO2B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Atag or Viessmann boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
hello! while saving up for a new plumbing and heating installation for my new one bedroom flat, i did a lot of research on different boilers and systems, sought some advice, and settled on a viessmann vitodens 050-w, seems to offer a lot in terms of features and reliability, offers good value...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum, thanks for having me. Tomorrow I am getting an ATAG i28C installed but, unfortunately, the gas engineer that will fit it is not an ATAG partner. Therefore, I spent the weekend trying to understand a bit more about what options I would have to control the...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
J
Hi! I have an anusual issue with my gas boiler Viessmann Vitodens 100. When I open hot water, the boiler fires up and starts heating the water. However, when I shut the water off, the boiler seems not to understand that there water tap is closed and it just keeps heating till it gets to 90...
Replies
Views
Janiss
J
I have a Viessmann Vitogas 100, installed about 17 years ago by a previous homeowner. It also is the boiler for hot water, so it runs all summer in hot water only mode. I’ve turned the heating component back on, but it’s not working properly. It would appear the circulation pump stops working...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock