Search the forum,

Discuss are you listening to lbc fm london radio at the moment !! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

flat pack

Another kick in the teeth.
another way of them charging fee for nothing
no benefitt to us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sad3:

ITS talking all day ,,about having the local planning in your homes when a boiler needs replacing,At the same time you get told you have to have wall insulation ,loft insulation ,and anything else they see.
which can start costing the home owner potts of doe.
Then saying the home owner can get a grant or loans..
dab 97.3 fm
or on the internet

As said all it will lead to is more unregistered work,however remember this has nothing to do with being green really ,it is to do with the simple fact,like it or not,we can not keep on using and wasting the amount of fuel we do at present,we simply as a country can not afford it,it is sucking to much wealth out of the country as it is and it is not economically sustainable
Personally I think it is time we got into some serious alternative fuels in stead of messing about with the micky mouse wind,solar and ground heat source stuff we have now

imho

Yeah read the story in the sun today, load of rubbish another way to screw people over by our good old friends at the goverment

disel is to go over ÂŁ3 per/l later in the year some petrol station owner told me

If that happens the country will decend into total chaos.

I personally think it will end up at ÂŁ3 a litre in the next few years, but doubling in price in the next six months is pretty unlikely.

Cooking oil , morrisons own brand 37p per litre :)

Had a mate who did that for ages. He's a member of this forum actually but doesn't come on very often. He's away with the mrs at the moment. I was facinated as I've always wanted to do it, but not had the guts.

He started mixing it 50/50. In the end it was 100% cooking oil. Rape seed so not cheap, but cheaper than fuel.

He said you need a van with a good fuel pump and ideally not a turbo.

Cooking oil is better in older non common rail diesels I think, often wondered about popping into bookers and getting a few catering size cooking oil drums :)

Oil with a couple of spoonfulls of meths. Works a treat, even on a turbo.

U can not convert diesel to LPG
Only petrol to LPG is posible

Watch this space, i'm converting my van shortly. Toyota deisel to lpg it will not run on lpg alone but maybe 25 - 30% LPG
SAving fuel, I will do the conversion and and have the links to the kit. step by step guide. Hopefully by the end of the month

It will only work on turbo deisels, does anybody make a non turbo deisel van?

used to make my own biodiesel with new cooking oil, dont need to filter and do titration test, but its too dear now with the cost of methanol as well. carnt even get used oil for nowt now :)

It will not work on non turbo as its (LPG) added pre turbo in air intake and the turbo then mixes it before its fed to engine. The deisel is then ignited which in turn ignites the LPG which then burns hotter and then ignites any unburnt deisel, you get a full 100% burn, ie no smoke out exhaust = more to the gallon/ litre

Yeah you can get non turbo vans!!

Same mate I was chatting about earlier just bought an 08 plate VW caddy at auction. 1.8D no turbo.

Very slow apparently. Only a coincidnence that he got a non turbo, don't think he plans to run it on cooking oil.

said on the radio this morning goverment is now not looking to go ahead with those plans

there was a goverment plan sometime ago the goverment was looking to phase out natural gas all together

Last edited:
Yeah you can get non turbo vans!!

Same mate I was chatting about earlier just bought an 08 plate VW caddy at auction. 1.8D no turbo.

Very slow apparently. Only a coincidnence that he got a non turbo, don't think he plans to run it on cooking oil.

less economical tho arnt they?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to are you listening to lbc fm london radio at the moment !! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Agree
FIXRADIO - Tunes Request Thread - The PlumbersForums.net official unofficial tunes request and shout-out thread. This isn't something we've organised with FIXRADIO officially. So it's the unofficial official tunes request thread. If you really really want a tune on, use the usual channels...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come over the wrong way so please keep in mind I am 57 and at school in the 70s back then was kicked out the lessons and put in remedial classes (before...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
We've always had Google advertisements, since the day we began. Though now we've switched domain names from .co.uk to .net, we had to reapply as a fresh brand new website so we've had no Google advertisements for some time while we waiting for approval. Now Google has approved our site, we...
Replies
Views
Okay, so this is part of a wider efforts to balance the books for the forums. We're trialing it out. But it comes with some good benefits as well as a few ads. So read the whole thread please before judging and replying. :) New Ads for logged-in users unless you have any one of the below:- You...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock