Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone using ideal logic systems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGII79

Gas Engineer
I have a problem with a 3 week old logig system 18 intermittant leak inside boiler casing checked blow off and not passing aav ok and all seals seem ok but pressure not above 1 bar and 3 calls since install saying leaking from rubber gromit elec cable bottom of boiler. unsure whether H EXCHANGER OR CONDENSE TRAP WERE ALL FINE WHEN I CHECKED OTHER TIMES

Did you check the rubber elbow on the condense trap? had one which was kinked before causing intermitant leak. If in doubt ring ideals out its under warranty so use it!

Yeah i checked and all seem ok its a weird one i ran the boiler today for nearly 2 hours watching everything and nothing even ran the blow off valve and aav no leaking .then received a call this evening saying water coming through gromits again below boiler

Im just thinking could it be condense getting into the air intake from a leaking seal on flue elbow have u ever come across this before
or may be a rubber seal which is only weaping when boiler cools down

called back today to logic boiler opened up and checked condense trap found particals of grass in
checked outside and rain water guttering from roof full to brim with grass and and is belly in lenght when raining it fillsand curtain of water falling acroos face of flue below and it was pulling it through air intake and exaust.
just about to call ideal tech when i found this thank god covered and isolated before she blows the pcb till she gets the gutters fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone using ideal logic systems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Got up on Wednesday morning no hot water, (only cold water coming out of hot tap). Checked boiler, it had zero pressure and F1 fault showing. So I refilled the pressure using the filling loop, up to about 1bar which is where it usually is, which worked fine, had hot water all day. Same thing...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have an issue with my Ideal Logic+ System S24 boiler which I hope someone can help with. Below is as much detail as I can think of. The boiler has been running constantly (cycling?) 24/7 for the last few days, during the recent very cold snap and since. HW and C/H are running fine, as per...
Replies
Views
Most efficient way to heat water in tank using ideal logic boiler? Hi guys I have a water tank as pictured in my profile with an ideal logic system boiler, during summer/spring we make use of our thermal solar for heating and other times of the year the boiler, we don’t have the heating on...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello guys! I had an Ideal Combi Logic+ C24 fitted in August 2021 in my mid terraced house and I started noticing that it was losing pressure during winter 2021. I had the first engineer sent by Ideal in March 2022 when the pressure was going down very fast, I could see the gauge going down...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also have an UFH zone in the kitchen. Near the boiler I have 2 port valves which control this part of the system. The boiler has been loosing pressure...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock