Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone tried a programmable TRV? Energy Savings? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cascas

Hi,

Has anyone tried a programmable TRV yet? Temped to change my current TRV for the Terrier I-Temp, to reduce bedroom setting during day.

I have a Terrier i-temp in my bedroom, the noise that it makes when opening and shutting the valve is horrendous, it wakes you long before the alarm.

I have a Terrier i-temp in my bedroom, the noise that it makes when opening and shutting the valve is horrendous, it wakes you long before the alarm.
The valve shouldn't be jumping between open and closed. It's not a switch but a flow control device, like the accelerator on a car.

Have you tried balancing your system?

So you want a higher temperature at night in the bedroom?

The recommended bedroom temperature is 18C - which is about 3 on most TRVs.

Yes. During the day then temp can be set back - say 10deg - so higher temp in bedroom at night. Saves heating bedroom during the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone tried a programmable TRV? Energy Savings? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Would like some help please as my Drayton Wiser system is a mess. I had 2 TRVs in the lounge, one in the main bedroom, the rest of the house - 6 other radiators and 2 bathroom towel radiators are just normal valve s. We live in a 4-bed, 3 storey house, as converted loft. Common problems were...
Replies
Views
Hi, I just moved into a new house and it has a Glow Worm Compact 24c combi boiler and a ESI ESRTP4RF+ programmable room thermostat and I am wondering if it's worth turning on the optimum start and stop features? There is also something called TPI (chronoproportional control) but I'm not sure how...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your help please. I've extended an existing 'run' of radiators - the last one on the run ( in downstairs kitchen) is cold. The first rad added is...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have an OSO Direct 210 hit water cylinder installed in my home, with 2 switches (on/off; and boost). The boiler is for hot water only (rads are electric). In the 5 years that I’ve lived at this property, I’ve never once turned the boiler off; however, with soaring energy prices, I’m...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock