Search the forum,

Discuss Any Viessmann fitters on here? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Truman

Just wondering if there are any Viessmann installers on here as I've a question about pump overrrun on the 100w combi. I'm just considering one at the minute, haven't bought it (yes I know there are other boilers available but this one is ticking a few boxes for me).

Whereas most boilers have an overrun based on time (and parameters can generally be adjusted from say 3 mins to 60 mins), the Viessmann 100w is based on a temperature drop, and Viessmann UK tell me that after CH has been on, it could take over an hour for the pump overrun to stop in theory, all depends on pipe runs and how well insulated the house is. I'm just wondering what it's like in practice. Equally if any owners of this are reading then I'd be grateful for your comments. Whilst I do understand the point of pump overrun, I'd say anything over a few minutes would drive me mad as I'm a bit OCD about noise!

Yes, apologies for going on like a broken record, and yes I'm back to square one. Probably because I have faith in the guy who quoted me a Viessmann, less so the other couple of guys I've spoken to. Friends and family aren't coming up with any recommendations for gas safe engineers so I'm on my own trying to find a reputable one.

I've gone off the Logics too, and in any case couldn't find a particularly local approved fitter. In car terms, I've rightly or wrongly compared Logic to Renault, whereas I'm looking for something German or Japanese, but the Japanese don't seem to make boilers!

I fit and love the viessmanns and have never known a combi with a pump over run anywhere near that, I would say 5 mins ish, but never timed one .

Cheers Jon, do you fit plenty of the 100w's or mainly the higher spec 200w? It's a 30kw 100w I'm looking at.

Plenty 30kw combis, done a few 200's , got one here at home, but they are more expensive. The 200's are the one to link with a unvented cylinder they work well with weather compensation, but to be fair the 100 combis still do ok.i do know from some of the lads on here that the heat exchangers don't like really hard water, I am up in Yorkshire, where we have proper water LOL, and I have never had a problem .

Just wondering if there are any Viessmann installers on here as I've a question about pump overrrun on the 100w combi. I'm just considering one at the minute, haven't bought it (yes I know there are other boilers available but this one is ticking a few boxes for me).

Whereas most boilers have an overrun based on time (and parameters can generally be adjusted from say 3 mins to 60 mins), the Viessmann 100w is based on a temperature drop, and Viessmann UK tell me that after CH has been on, it could take over an hour for the pump overrun to stop in theory, all depends on pipe runs and how well insulated the house is. I'm just wondering what it's like in practice. Equally if any owners of this are reading then I'd be grateful for your comments. Whilst I do understand the point of pump overrun, I'd say anything over a few minutes would drive me mad as I'm a bit OCD about noise!
Can't help thinking you are worrying over nothing, if it is a combi you are unlikely to have a heating zone valve so any heat will very quickly dissipate via rads, even if TRV's are closed there is still the hall.
Or am I missing something ???

P.S. I have a 100W heat only, on W/C, 3 years & going strong (touch wood)

Last edited:
People worry far too much about boiler makes. Go for something reputable; Vaillant, Worcester, Ideal Logic, Veissman (although personally i'd steer clear). Make sure it has the specs you require. Get it installed by an intelligent man who was personally recommended to you by an intelligent person and who will powerflush the system first and install a magnetic cleaner.

The install is much more important. That's what i'm trying to get at.

i do know from some of the lads on here that the heat exchangers don't like really hard water, I am up in Yorkshire, where we have proper water LOL, and I have never had a problem .
I'm in County Durham so the water should be at the softer end of the spectrum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Any Viessmann fitters on here? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
hello! while saving up for a new plumbing and heating installation for my new one bedroom flat, i did a lot of research on different boilers and systems, sought some advice, and settled on a viessmann vitodens 050-w, seems to offer a lot in terms of features and reliability, offers good value...
Replies
Views
I have a Viessmann Vitodens 222-F FS2B 26kW Storage Gas Boiler installed in 2014. The boiler has developed a problem recently where it short cycles but only when hot water is used. When hot water is turned on (on any tap in the property) the boiler remains off for about 45 sec. At the...
Replies
Views
tinodj
T
Hi everyone. I'm currently working on a job for a customer. their radiators are not all heating up. in total there is 12 radiators. 4 of these are on 15mm pipework, the rest are on 10mm. its powered by a Grundfos ups3 pump. the boiler is an 18kw heat only boiler. There are two radiators mainly...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated house (4 bathrooms is tragic). Current set up is: A hot/cold mixer in the main ensuite which is ok as long as you don't run anything else. One electric...
Replies
Views
We have recently moved into a property which has a Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440 Standalone Combi gas boiler. This appears to be a relatively old unit however, it is still in great working condition and has been serviced on a regular basis. I'd like to add a Nest Thermostat to control the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock