Search the forum,

Discuss Alpha infection 40GS boiler - water scalding hot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Harry241

ive just moved into a house with this boiler. When I turn the hot water tap on it heats up under 10 seconds to scalding hot. I've turned the hot water dial right down on the boiler but it makes no difference.

The plumber said its because the hot water tank it has on the side is constantly hot.

Is this true? I'm concerned my son will burn himself. My last home had a boiler that worked just fine when I turned the hotness of the water down.

Any help appreciated.

HI

Do you mean alpha intec??
Either way it doesn't sound right have you had a gas engineer look at it not a plumber?

Hi there, dont listen to your plumber or you may get scalded, any water in households is controlled by temperature thermostats and ive by turning yours down doesnt make a difference then youve a fault somewhere , the 40gs is a combi boiler, if the plumber says theres a tank then it must be the flow smart tank which usually has a mixing valve , either way id get a different engineer to take a look as you should be able to adjust your temperature to where your happy,

Yes i mean Intec. Auto correct on my phone spelling something else.

Yea, it looks like two boilers, the main unit and a slimmer one attached on the right side. Its a townhouse with a wall thermostat for ground floor and one on the top floor controlling those two floors.

The guy who came out was from the boiler company because it had a pressure/water leak the day after I moved in and the heating and water went off. It would not top up. They made a temp repair, then came back one week later and replaced a few parts. This is when i asked him about the water and his reply was the water in the tank is stored there already heated and can`t be turned down, that's the temperature it's stored at.

I`m ok with the water as the taps are one single unit so I can leave between hot and cold but it's in case my kid puts it on hot only.

I`m already disputing other faults with the developer, should I bring this to their attention. The boiler is approximately two years old, they never provided me with its 5 or 7 year warranty which i believe this unit comes with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Alpha infection 40GS boiler - water scalding hot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock